Who do i drop? Floyd/Blanton/3 slumping studs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who do i drop? Floyd/Blanton/3 slumping studs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who do i drop? Floyd/Blanton/3 slumping studs

Postby beasthart » Sat May 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey guys this is my first time on this board. I've got 3 hitters on the DL (Panda, Gardner, and Cespedes) and now have no bench. My lineup genuinely struggles against LHP so I want to pick up a bench guy or 2 that I can plug in when they're facing tough lefties.

I've Floyd who I'm hesitant to drop as a Sox fan and watching him pitch every 5th day, he does tend to crap the bed every few starts though.

Joe Blanton has been solid this year and being on a team with Lee, Hamels, and Roy has to help get the best out of a pitcher.

Then I've Haren, Latos and Gallardo who are proven studs who I'd hat to drop and they end up turning it around.

My other starters are Hellickson, Bumgarner, Gio, and Marcum..RP Motte and Hanrahan

Or do I just go at it with my lineup, which is pretty darn good despite having a few guys that scuffle against LHP. (well some bad splits period)

Ive got
C- Jesus Montero
1- Cabrera
2- Young (David Murphys available vs. RHP, young hits .205 vs RHP)
3- Zimmerman (1/12 vs LHP)
S- Tulo (.122 vs LHP)
O- Cargo
O- Holliday
O- Pense (.179 vs LHP)
U- Dunn (.143 vs LHP)
B- Trout
DL Panda, Gardner, Cespedes
beasthart
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who do i drop? Floyd/Blanton/3 slumping studs

Postby Martain » Sun May 20, 2012 1:12 am

I think i would just stick it out with what you have until Joe Blanton or Gavin Floyd stop pitching well (IF that even happens). Your lineup is more than solid, and Mike Trout is hitting well thus far, and would be good to put in when Dunn is against LHP.

The ONLY thing I might do is sell Cespedes for a really solid third closer...when he and Gardner come back you don't really have a place for all those outfielders. Your offense is solid, your pitching is solid, unless you're in a really weak league I would wager a lot that you end up winning it.

help? - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=447324
Martain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Re: Who do i drop? Floyd/Blanton/3 slumping studs

Postby MaudDib » Sun May 20, 2012 9:05 am

Welcome to the Cafe!

Who do you want to pick up? I would be fine dropping Blanton and maybe Floyd but it depends on who is on your WW. If the WW is pretty thin, then stay put but if it has a lot of quality SP then I would just stream pitchers and not worry about keeping either of those guys.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions