Really tough Commissioner issue, Andy Pettitte - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Really tough Commissioner issue, Andy Pettitte

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Really tough Commissioner issue, Andy Pettitte

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue May 22, 2012 7:48 pm

lane_anasazi2 wrote:
bigmck wrote:When he dropped Coke, he dropped Pettitte

Seems clear cut to me. If you sent out an e-mail saying Coke=Pettitte, how is this even an issue?

Agreed. I also checked, and Pettitte was added to our game on April 4th. Even if you did nothing, manager 1 had lots of time to drop Coke and add Pettitte on his own if he wanted. I don't think he has a leg to stand on.

As for Coke being a bad placeholder, we use similar placeholders in my personal league. We call them 'jabronies'. The rules state that you should try to pick a placeholder that nobody would ever care about, but if you want a player that somebody else is holding as a jabronie, they have to immediately drop them and make them available to you upon request.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TopChuckie » Wed May 23, 2012 9:11 am

Agreed, you have to consider waiving Coke and picking up Peralta as also waiving Pettitte, otherwise Owner #1 effectively had an extra roster spot for the first quarter of the season, all the ones he had including Coke/Peralta, and the extra ghost spot of Pettitte.

I don't use Yahoo, but it sounds to me like they really need to allow leagues to add their own players, at least as placeholders, like CBS does.
TopChuckie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby mkultra » Wed May 23, 2012 11:40 am

N-thing the "dropping Coke is dropping Pettitte" sentiment.

What I don't understand is, what was Manager 1 thinking when he dropped Coke? What's his rationale for claiming rights to Pettitte at this point? In these kind of situations, I don't see it as the Commish's responsibility to babysit rosters- each manager ultimately needs to own his own team. That means when Manager 1 was looking to drop Coke (if not before), he should have checked to see if Pettitte was in the system.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby dkleiss13 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Easy solution. You gave Owner 1 the option of waiting for Pettitte or picking up another. He chose to pick up Peralta so he lost all rights to Pettitte. If he wanted Pettitte he should have waited
dkleiss13
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby converge241 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 am

Holy thread resurrection Batman
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner