Hamilton/Jeter for Tulo/Jennings/Lincecum (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Hamilton/Jeter for Tulo/Jennings/Lincecum (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ROC AllStars » Fri May 18, 2012 10:26 pm

10 team H2H category league. Keep five with salary cap.

I give: Hamilton, Jeter
I get: Tulo, Jennings, and Lincecum

Am I getting enough for Hamilton? I'm thinking that i can slide Bautista over to OF when Longoria is back. He's agreed to the base deal of Hamilton/Jeter for Tulo/Lincecum and a third player. I'm thinking Jennings, but other options include Brandon Philipps, Austin Jackson, Youkilis. Who to I ask for if not Jennings?

Roster:

C: Posey
1B: Fielder
2B: Kendrick
3B: Bautista
OF: Hamilton, Pence, Beltran
UTIL: Ortiz
Bench: Victorino, Dee Gordon, Longoria (DL)

SP: Weaver, Wilson, Gio Gonzalez, Latos, Samardzjia
RP: Jansen, Putz, Street (DL)
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri May 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Hmm, you are giving away the 2 best performers this season in the deal... I do think it has the potential to give you the proper value, but I'm not sure if I would give away Hamilton AND Jeter for a deal including an OF on the DL, and a pitcher who has grossly underperformed. Tulo could make it with it, but I just feel like you could squeeze a little more out of someone else.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 433)

Re: Hamilton/Jeter for Tulo/Jennings/Lincecum (WHIR)

Postby jovenparque » Fri May 18, 2012 10:44 pm

oh man you have hamilton and beltran. you must have destroyed your opponent last week.

i'd do this deal for several reasons, but this is a tough decision. i own hamilton and respect the sell high play. you have to insist on jennings and push hamilton hard. i don't like any of the other non-jennings options. i am obviously biased because i have hamilton, but i think w/o jennings you might just stay put.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sigriffey » Sat May 19, 2012 2:25 am

jovenparque wrote:oh man you have hamilton and beltran. you must have destroyed your opponent last week.

i'd do this deal for several reasons, but this is a tough decision. i own hamilton and respect the sell high play. you have to insist on jennings and push hamilton hard. i don't like any of the other non-jennings options. i am obviously biased because i have hamilton, but i think w/o jennings you might just stay put.

Agreed
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby kidsilk » Sat May 19, 2012 4:33 pm

I would take it and make sure Jennings is involved in the deal. Lincecum and Tulo will both go on hot streaks and end strong. I like it for you.

Thanks for your help with mine
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)

Postby Martain » Sun May 20, 2012 1:28 am

its tough...i think either way you win.

I might do the deal though. I think Hamilton is going to finish this season as the #1 fantasy player...but I think you've gotten the max potential you're going to get from Jeter. He'll probably finish with really good numbers, but they'll be inflated based on how well he played in April/May.

Tulo is solid and safe, Jennings is risky but when healthy puts up good numbers, and Lincecum is your hit-or-miss. If he turns it around you win the trade, if he doesn't that you lose it.

I think I do the deal...you get 2 stars and a solid guy when healthy for 2 stars. However, I can type this without having to push accept, so its easier for me to say do it than for you to click accept.

help? - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=447324
Martain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby S27 » Sun May 20, 2012 2:12 am

With Jennings in the deal, I'd accept it. I wouldn't accept the offer with any of those other options in Jennings's place as the 3rd player in the return.

viewtopic.php?t=447327
S27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions