Oswalt (update) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oswalt (update)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Oswalt (update)

Postby Norby » Fri May 18, 2012 1:38 pm

From CBSSports:

Free-agent starting pitcher Roy Oswalt threw a bullpen session in front of Boston officials this past week near his home in Mississippi, CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Scott Miller confirmed. FoxSports.com was the first to report Oswalt's appearance and also stated Oswalt threw for Philadelphia -- his former team -- last week. Oswalt, 34, has said he wants to return to the majors by June, but only for a contending team. He could sign with a team as early as next week, according to reports.
(Updated 05/18/12)

Might be something to keep an eye on if you're in need of pitching.

Not sure why the Phillies are listed if he's looking to play on a contending team! ;)
Norby
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Oswalt (update)

Postby Izenhart » Fri May 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Norby wrote:From CBSSports:

Free-agent starting pitcher Roy Oswalt threw a bullpen session in front of Boston officials this past week near his home in Mississippi, CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Scott Miller confirmed. FoxSports.com was the first to report Oswalt's appearance and also stated Oswalt threw for Philadelphia -- his former team -- last week. Oswalt, 34, has said he wants to return to the majors by June, but only for a contending team. He could sign with a team as early as next week, according to reports.
(Updated 05/18/12)

Might be something to keep an eye on if you're in need of pitching.

Not sure why the Phillies are listed if he's looking to play on a contending team! ;)

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Boston. He's only doing this so when Boston does show interest he can get the Yankees to pay more.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby pmstick » Sat May 19, 2012 9:45 am

I picked him up and dropped Danks who's been unstartable even on two-start weeks. What the heck right?

He was $$$$$$$$ for me two years ago when he was traded to the Phils from the Stros. A lot of talk about him going to STL to join his old buddies Beltran and Berkman as well. Wants to go to a contender. After seeing what Pettite did in his first start I gotta admit I'm kinda excited. We'll see if he can stay healthy.
12 Team H2H

C Posey (1B)
1B Butler
2B Pedroia
SS Andrus
3B Prado (2B, OF)
OF Harper, Heyward, Craig (1B)
UTL Jennings
SP Darvish, Latos, Cobb, Moore
RP Balfour

B Burnett, Ross, Wood, Dickey, Porcello, Kennedy
B Eaton

DL Holland+
pmstick
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby jcook3127 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Smartest thing for Oswalt to do would be sign with St. Louis..best combination of clubhouse fit and playoff probability

Only problem is they don't need the guy barring injury..

Yankees could surely use another solid starter but I think that's an awful match for Oswalt personally. Really if someone goes down in the STL rotation that seems like a no-brainer to me
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RyeWhiskey » Sun May 20, 2012 5:25 pm

rotoworld update wrote:May 20 Oswalt threw a bullpen session for Texas on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Recommendation: Texas continues to view Oswalt as a long-relief option, with Oswalt wanting a rotation spot somewhere.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers