Huge Auction Trade(s) - Need Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Huge Auction Trade(s) - Need Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Huge Auction Trade(s) - Need Help

Postby JRM4833 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:53 am

AL only, auction stlye rotisserie league. Here are my options (keep in mind I'm building for the future):

I give Miguel Cabrera ($43 this year and maybe next year only), Alex Gordon ($21 this year only), Eduardo Nunez ($8 this year only), Lorenzo Cain ($16 this year and next year), Joe Nathan ($10 this year only) and Rafael Soriano ($2 possible long-term)

I get Dylan Bundy (long-term), Sergio Santos ($3 long-term), Mike Montgomery (long-term), Matt Thornton ($10 this year only) and Johnny Damon ($35 this year only).

Damon and Thornton are space fillers and make the $ work.

Another Miguel deal:

I give Miguel Cabrera and Andrew Bailey ($15 this year only)

I get Eric Hosmer ($7 long-term) and a #1 draft pick (I could probably sweeten this deal)

I also have this deal in place:

I give Asdrubal Cabrera ($10), Justin Masterson ($5) and Joakim Benoit ($5)

for

Matt Moore ($7) and two fillers.

I know this is a lot to look over, but I will gladly help in return. Thanks!

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Huge Auction Trade(s) - Need Help

Postby MashinSpuds » Fri May 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Absolute no on the first deal, rebuilding or not. Not only are you getting shortchanged (Bundy is nice, but not for that payload) but you're essentially handing the winner's trophy to the other manager. Cabrera, Gordon, some filler, and two closers are way too much. Montgomery has lost some luster too ... so I don't see much benefit for you in that first trade (especially in May?!).

The second and third trades are both good. I think the third trade should absolutely be done, for Moore is a good price and should be a great guy to hang onto for a few years. The second deal is good, but it depends on where that #1 pick is located (beginning or end of round?). Cabrera is a game changer, whereas Hosmer may not be much for this year (for all we know at this point). See if you can get some non-filler back if you wish to make that trade.

No on the first, maybe on the second, go for it on the third.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Re: Huge Auction Trade(s) - Need Help

Postby MaudDib » Fri May 18, 2012 3:29 pm

I agree with Mashin. Horrible trade with deal #1. You aren't getting near enough in the deal. Bundy is good and all but he is years away from being a major leaguer and you don't know what will happen to him between now and then. TJ surgery or just plain struggling are realistic worries that would push that time limit even further back.

Deal #2 is close but I don't think I would do it. I think you need to get another player in the deal.

Deal #3 is the best of the three although I again think you should get more in return. Moore is struggling and Cabrera is playing pretty well and their price isn't that far off. I think you should be able to get a second player of quality in return.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions