5/18 Cheering, Venting, & Interleague Play, Oh My!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/18 Cheering, Venting, & Interleague Play, Oh My!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which League posts the better Interleague Win Pct. in 2012?

National League
30%
American League
70%

Total votes : 23

5/18 Cheering, Venting, & Interleague Play, Oh My!!

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 18, 2012 9:45 am

News, Notes, & Nonsense:

- Remember Andrew McCutchen's slow start? Me neither, cause he's batting .349, slapped two dongs yesterday, putting him at 5 on the season to pair with 7 stolen bases.

- Albert Pujols homered for the second game in a row, which marks the first time in the last decade that this has been a big deal.

- David Wright belted another 2 doubles, scoring 3 times. Dude is batting a serious .411 on the season, and if the Mets don't pay this man I will show up at Citi Field with WMDs.

- Beachymania is real, folks. This is not a test. This is the real thing. CGSOs like a boss.

- The Harangutan threw 7 scoreless innings against the punchless Padres, fanning 6.

- Chris Sale fanned 7 over 5.1 IP and took the Win in his 2nd start after being anointed the team's closer, after beasting as a starter in April. A lot of WTF going on here, but he looks good, which is all that matters.

- James McDonald took a perfect game bid early in a game in which he fanned 11 batters and failed to get out of the 6th inning. Talk about your all-time backfires. He did manage to earn the Win despite not pitching long enough to earn a Quality Start. Still, talk about a nice K/9.

- Matt Moore started out yesterday looking like... Matt Moore, the 2012 version. Ick. However, he quickly settled down over the final few frames of his outing and managed to eek out a QS, allowing 3 ER over 6 innings, striking out 8. His owners wait patiently with their finger on the Drop button as he tip toes the line. For me, he lives to see another week.

Today's (Interleague) Matchups:

STL: Lynn (6-1, 1.81 ERA)
LAD: Lilly (5-0, 2.11 ERA)

NYM: Niese (2-1, 3.40 ERA)
TOR: Romero (4-1, 3.88 ERA)

CHW: Humber (1-2, 5.77 ERA)
CHC: Samardzija (4-1, 2.89 ERA)

MIA: Zambrano (1-2, 1.88 ERA)
CLE: Masterson (1-3, 5.40 ERA)

BOS: Bard (3-4, 4.30 ERA)
PHI: Hamels (5-1, 2.28 ERA)

PIT: Morton (2-3, 4.05 ERA)
DET: Verlander (4-1, 2.47 ERA)

BAL: Arrieta (2-4, 5.21 ERA)
WSH: Jackson (1-1, 3.71 ERA)

CIN: Arroyo (2-1, 3.25 ERA)
NYY: Pettitte (0-1, 5.68 ERA)

TEX: Feliz (3-1, 3.32 ERA)
HOU: Rodriguez (3-3, 1.99 ERA)

ATL: Hanson (4-3, 3.43 ERA)
TB: Shields (6-1, 3.52 ERA)

MIN: Diamond (2-0, 0.00 ERA)
MIL: Estrada (0-2, 4.20 ERA)

ARI: Saunders (2-3, 3.43 ERA)
KC: Mendoza (2-2, 4.76 ERA)

SEA: Millwood (1-4, 5.09 ERA)
COL: White (0-2, 6.75 ERA)

LAA: Weaver (5-1, 2.83 ERA)
SD: Suppan (2-1, 1.69 ERA)

OAK: Parker (1-1, 2.10 ERA)
SF: Zito (2-1, 2.53 ERA)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/18 Cheering, Venting, & Interleague Play, Oh My!!

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 am

I'm trotting Ricky Romero vs the Metsies and Jeff Samradzija vs the Chi Sox, both at Home. Of course the last place team has decided to show up major this week, currently beating me. His team needs to look in the mirror and remember it sucks and/or is injured...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Fri May 18, 2012 10:30 am

I know this probably isn't the right forum for this, but what is everyone doing with Leubke? Is it safe to drop him if you need the extra DL slot? I'm assuming that even if he doesn't opt for Tommy John's, he probably won't be returning for a couple months.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby silverZ » Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 am

footballisbetter.com wrote:I know this probably isn't the right forum for this, but what is everyone doing with Leubke? Is it safe to drop him if you need the extra DL slot? I'm assuming that even if he doesn't opt for Tommy John's, he probably won't be returning for a couple months.

If you need the DL spot drop him.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby saemick » Fri May 18, 2012 11:41 am

Not necessarily fantasy relevent, but Kerry Wood anounces he's retiring today/ sometime this weekend. while he (along with the whole Cubs bullpen) have been pretty bad this year, as a lifelong Cubs fan, it'll be bittersweet to see him retire.
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby juliown1028 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:46 am

Great news for AGon owners if he can get 5 games (in Yahoo that is).

"Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine said whenever David Ortiz plays first base while Boston is in a National League ballpark, Gonzalez will likely move to the outfield, the Boston Herald reports.

Recommendation: Gonzalez owners may want to stay extra vigilant just in case Valentine opts to give his regular first baseman a day off instead of having him play right field. Ortiz is expected to start at least one of the game this weekend against Philadelphia."

They have 9 games in NL Parks...what are the chances that Ortiz starts 5 at 1B and AGon 5 in the OF?
"Chuck Norris has been known to throw a baseball 100 mph. I've been known to throw Chuck Norris 100 mph." - Brian Wilson
juliown1028
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tennessee Jed » Fri May 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Allen Craig to the DL before today's game. :-t It hurts more because most of the decent FA pickups are gone. How do you guys feel about Angel Pagan?
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Glad Tulo seems to be picking it up a little. I'd really appreciate it if the rest of my team, save M-Cab and Hamilton, would get hot. And if Morse, Sandoval and Santos could get healthy ASAP that would be great too.

Throwing Jarrod Parker against the Giants.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:Allen Craig to the DL before today's game. :-t It hurts more because most of the decent FA pickups are gone. How do you guys feel about Angel Pagan?

I've had Pagan on my team all year, I'm actually surprised he's available. He was better when Panda was in the lineup but he has 7 steals and a good average. He's even shown a little power although it came in a cluster earlier in the year.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Izenhart » Fri May 18, 2012 1:04 pm

juliown1028 wrote:Great news for AGon owners if he can get 5 games (in Yahoo that is).

"Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine said whenever David Ortiz plays first base while Boston is in a National League ballpark, Gonzalez will likely move to the outfield, the Boston Herald reports.

Recommendation: Gonzalez owners may want to stay extra vigilant just in case Valentine opts to give his regular first baseman a day off instead of having him play right field. Ortiz is expected to start at least one of the game this weekend against Philadelphia."

They have 9 games in NL Parks...what are the chances that Ortiz starts 5 at 1B and AGon 5 in the OF?

I hope something like this happens every year regarding the both of them, never seems to happen though. Maybe Valentine will be a more fantasy savvy manager than Francona was.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers