Anyone worth picking up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Anyone worth picking up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone worth picking up?

Postby guyincognito » Wed May 16, 2012 12:10 pm

I've been holding on to some guys too long hoping they would turn it around, but with injuries to Longoria and Werth, my team is struggling offensively. Given that this is a 14 team league there is much in the FA pool, but should I grab any of these guys over players like Morrison, Lind, Lowrie, Scott?

FAs - B.Abreu, A.Liddi, T.Ishikawa, Pierre, Rasmus, Sands, G.Parra, T.Campana, M.Moreland, D.Fowler, D.Span, G.Blanco, I.Stewart, T.Colvin, R.Sweeney, AJ Ellis

14 team, H2H, Keeper League (keep 2)
B Cats: Avg, E, H, HR, OPS, R, RBI, SB
P Cats: W, L, K, QS, ERA, WHIP, HD, S

C - J.Lucroy
1B - L.Scott
2B - D.Ackley
SS - T.Tulowitzki
3B - W.Middlebrooks
OF - T.Hunter, A.Rios, L.Morrison
DH - J.Rollins
U - R.Furcal
Bench - A.Lind, J.Lowrie, J.Werth
DL - E.Longoria, R.Howard
SP - CJ Wilson, J.Peavy, C.Lewis, Y.Gallardo
RP - R.Soriano, S.Casilla, A.Chapman, F.Rodriguez, B.Fuentes
Bench - C.Lewis, E.Friari, C.Janssen
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone worth picking up?

Postby mpieco » Wed May 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Two names I'm intrigued by from that list are:

Tony Campana
Travis Ishikawa

Gamel is out for the year, and Travis has pretty much got a stranglehold on the Brew-Crew's 1B gig. He has been swinging the bat well, and once everyone gets going in that lineup (you hear me, Rickie? GET GOING), then Travis could have a nice balance of RBIs and Rs by year's end. 75/75 perhaps...with close to 20 HRs.

Campana is a speed DEMON. This guy is FAST. He could be a good option for SBs...if he gets 400 ABs...I could see 35-40 SBs and 70 runs scored. Imagine if he started every day on a good team.

I would drop Lind first out of all those names. Second drop...I don't know. Scott can swing, but is streaky...I wouldn't want to give up yet on Lowrie...I guess drop Scott.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby guyincognito » Wed May 16, 2012 2:36 pm

bump
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:41 pm

mpieco wrote:Two names I'm intrigued by from that list are:

Tony Campana
Travis Ishikawa

Gamel is out for the year, and Travis has pretty much got a stranglehold on the Brew-Crew's 1B gig. He has been swinging the bat well, and once everyone gets going in that lineup (you hear me, Rickie? GET GOING), then Travis could have a nice balance of RBIs and Rs by year's end. 75/75 perhaps...with close to 20 HRs.

Campana is a speed DEMON. This guy is FAST. He could be a good option for SBs...if he gets 400 ABs...I could see 35-40 SBs and 70 runs scored. Imagine if he started every day on a good team.

I would drop Lind first out of all those names. Second drop...I don't know. Scott can swing, but is streaky...I wouldn't want to give up yet on Lowrie...I guess drop Scott.

i agree here, ishikawa is starting 1b for the brewers where anyone i feel can hit 20 hrs on that team so that would be a nice add this early.

campana has been hitting for average and gets steals, and runs a lot. dont expect any rbis and he has 0 power but ive had him for about 3 weeks now and he has been a ncie add helping me in R,AVG and SB.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=447071
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions