Hamilton Trade Help. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Hamilton Trade Help. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hamilton Trade Help. WHIR

Postby trl1020 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:30 am

Who gets better in an 11 team 5x5 roto league?

Team A gets: Josh Hamilton and Jonathan Broxton

Team B gets: Cole Hamels, CC Sabathia, and David Ortiz
trl1020
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hamilton Trade Help. WHIR

Postby converge241 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:37 am

Team B

come end of year and factoring in assumed time missed for Hamilton, I dont think hamilton and Ortiz's hitting stats will be that different in a certain light. Hamilton should still be better but I dont think the gap will be a chasm.

I dont put much value on broxton in the scope of the deal itself its hamilton off to a monstorous start that cant keep up at that pace (he will still be great though) and some mid/low level saves for 2 aces and a solid hitter (who granted in most leagues has position inflexibility and age concerns i guess). Id take side B for sure.

Fair offer though in terms of veto considertation etc folks could believe in side A/make their case for it
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Re: Hamilton Trade Help. WHIR

Postby coyotesjr97 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:53 am

I'd take team B.

Ortiz is tearing it up. There is a chance you see a slight regression with him at some point, but as Converge said...Hamilton is injury prone. I do think the stats wind up being pretty similar by years end between the two of them as well.

Also Sabathia is a solid workhorse who has had some slight struggles here early, but I think he'll wind up putting up solid numbers. Adding Hamels in there also makes this deal better for team B. I feel its an over payment with all 3 honestly.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=447051
coyotesjr97
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions