Need OF help for Wednesday, May 16th - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Need OF help for Wednesday, May 16th

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need OF help for Wednesday, May 16th

Postby IcarusAdam » Wed May 16, 2012 1:24 am

Same as usual, chaps; I have 5 OF but only 3 spots to put them in. Here they are:

Bryan LaHair: The kid has been the poster boy of consistency this year, putting up power numbers along with getting on base every single game so far. Plus, he's playing the Cards tomorrow, and he's put up big numbers playing them.

Justin Upton: *sigh* He's gone from stud to dud so quickly this season, it's getting hard for me to keep putting him out there, especially with some of the other names on this list. But against Moyer tomorrow, he has a prime opportunity to get things back on track.

Allen Craig: Get a bucket of water to throw on this guy, because he is HOT. He's batting cleanup in the most dangerous hitting lineup in the NL. And he's going up against Baumgarner tomorrow, who hasn't been throwing too many Ks and has only allowed less than 6 hits twice this season.

Andrew McCutchen: He has absolutely been smoking it against lefties lately, but tomorrow he's going up against a pretty tough pitcher in Gio Gonzalez. But still, he has only failed to hit once since coming back from having the flu, so this one is kinda difficult.

Shane Victorino: While he's been pretty consistent so far to star the season, it's hard to play him with most of the guys above him on this list are just killing it. Plus, he doesn't put up monster numbers regularly, and the Phillies lineup is hurting for offense right now. Of all five guys here, this is the one I'm heavily considering benching tomorrow, especially against Garza.

Going purely on numbers and consistency so far this year, I'm thinking about LaHair, Craig, and McCutchen tomorrow, but I just feel like Upton is gonna bust out of this slump soon, and tomorrow is as good as any to do it.

Thoughts and feelings?
IcarusAdam
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need OF help for Wednesday, May 16th

Postby fast dogs » Wed May 16, 2012 2:00 am

LaHair vs Philly not Cards
Cutch &
Upton playing in Col vs Moyer instead of SF vs Bum
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 302)

Postby IcarusAdam » Wed May 16, 2012 2:32 am

Yep, you're right, LaHair is playing against the Phillies tomorrow. But we don't know who's pitching because Worley has been yanked due to arm soreness, so we might see somebody come out of the bullpen to start. If it's a lefty, then LaHair is getting yanked from my lineup, but if it's a righty, then I'm back to where I started.

Plus, I'm not really understanding the love for Upton. He's a young player who's had one decent season and one spectacular season, but does that mean I should continue sticking him in my lineup when he's barely producing? I need people's thoughts on this.
IcarusAdam
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby klvrdude » Wed May 16, 2012 1:00 pm

I'd go with LaHair, Craig and Upton (though slumping he rakes at Coors).

Would appreciate your thoughts on my dilemma: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=447072
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Who to Start/Bench