Opinions Please.... WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Opinions Please.... WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Opinions Please.... WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Sun May 13, 2012 7:57 pm

I do not like replacing owners unless there is a need and they do not do anything at all. I have this one team that constantly benches points, does not pickup or trade when he really needs too. I emailed him and said he works all week and can only look at team on weekends but want to stay in. I let him because I understand we all have real lives we must lead. He is the worst team in the league though mainly due to the fact he has no SP, and there are decent ones to pick up. He constantly leaves roster slots open and his tran log is almost non-existent. He is just not trying at all. It does not take but 10 min a day to set a lineup if that. Anyway without rambling on would you guys replace him or let him do what he does, which is really nothing. His team is considered an automatic win to whomever plays him, no competition. Thanks
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Opinions Please.... WHIR

Postby Martain » Mon May 14, 2012 1:26 am

The answer really depends on how close of friends you are with him, and how much you think kicking him out of the league will effect your friendship. I might explain how the league is concerned with the amount of dedication his team shows, and how you want to keep the league competitive, and that its cool if he can't do it because of work but the rest of the league is interested in a manager that is in 7/7 days instead of 2/7...and if the problems keeps up just kick him out. At least you explained exactly why and gave him fair notice and fair time to address your concerns.

We had this problem in a 12 team football league last year...we ended up getting bored and making ridiculous trades (one team ended up trading for all of the New Orleans Saints...he actually finished in 6th too). 2 managers who weren't interested after week 2 ruined the league--they turned into bye weeks so everyone stopped caring. If you want a competitive league, everyone has to care...

Sometimes fantasy sports gets too deep...
Martain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Re: Opinions Please.... WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Mon May 14, 2012 8:33 am

No he is no a freind at all, I moved to England a couple of years ago and in order to keep in touch with Baseball I created a league on ESPN. Forget getting into Cricket overhere. Since its not like I know him it should not matter, but do not want the rest of the league to think I boot owners on a whim, which they wont. Your right fantasy does get to deep sometimes. Here in England though its my way of keeping in touch with baseball.
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Return to Commissioner's Corner