Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS

Postby ATLbraves » Sun May 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Should I start Tommy Hanson today vs StL? My opponent has Jarrod Parker starting against Detroit.



Here is my current H2H situation:

Week 6: May 7 - May 13
R HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP IP W L SV BB K ERA WHIP SCORE
31 6 18 3 33 88 .285 .356 46.0 3 4 2 18 33 2.93 1.20 10
18 5 15 1 44 61 .187 .268 56.1 7 2 3 22 44 3.20 1.12 6
(sorry its so scrunched up, only way I could get it to work)


I obviously will not win IP, W's, L's, or K's. But I have a chance to win WHIP, I just am risking losing BB's. I would only lose BB's if Hanson pitches horribly and Parker pitches amazing, imo.

So what do you think I should do?





WHIR just leave a link
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS

Postby mpieco » Sun May 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Hmm...so you are banking on WHIP And possibly BB's. Do you have anyone else pitching today? Will your WHIP remain the same assuming you actually decide to bench Hanson? I wouldn't risk starting him then, because I doubt Parker gets a WHIP low enough to win that cat overall. Same with BBs. If you don't start Hanson your walk count doesn't go up. Who else do you have? Can you just choose to bench anyone who is starting today or who will pitch in relief (unless it's a stud like Chapman).
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.


Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1336
Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS

Postby Mjbren1 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:30 pm

St. Louis has been the best offense in the NL, hard to say but you can't win if you don't go for it right? Parker is a good pitcher but is going up against one of the most formidable lineups in baseball, I would say best case for Parker would be 3 runs , 3walks, 6k's. Hunter should be at that or better it.
Mjbren1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 89
Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS

Postby ATLbraves » Sun May 13, 2012 1:32 pm

mpieco wrote:Hmm...so you are banking on WHIP And possibly BB's. Do you have anyone else pitching today? Will your WHIP remain the same assuming you actually decide to bench Hanson? I wouldn't risk starting him then, because I doubt Parker gets a WHIP low enough to win that cat overall. Same with BBs. If you don't start Hanson your walk count doesn't go up. Who else do you have? Can you just choose to bench anyone who is starting today or who will pitch in relief (unless it's a stud like Chapman).

Hanson is my only SP going today. I do have 3 closers though: Chris Perez, Santiago Casilla, and Brian Fuentes.
My opponent's closers are Papelbon, Robertson, and Heath Bell.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS

Postby fierro33 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:02 pm

i think u bench hanson today....i dont see him helping u in WHIP
fierro33
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
Posts: 3843
(Past Year: 210)
Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS

Postby ATLbraves » Sun May 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Good thing I benched him. He has walked the first two batters he faced.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS

Postby mpieco » Sun May 13, 2012 3:03 pm

ATLbraves wrote:Good thing I benched him. He has walked the first two batters he faced.



He has settled down, but so far it looks like we're 2 for 2 on the day. Fingers crossed.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.


Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1336
Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I start Hanson today? WHIR ALWAYS

Postby ATLbraves » Sun May 13, 2012 3:25 pm

mpieco wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:Good thing I benched him. He has walked the first two batters he faced.



He has settled down, but so far it looks like we're 2 for 2 on the day. Fingers crossed.

Yeah he def settled down. That was a very impressive 1st inning when he got out of the mess he created.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neuronss and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact