Should I do it or no?

WHIR
elvis1074
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading PUJOLS----WHIR

Postby rjforlife » Sun May 13, 2012 12:09 am

Tough one. I know Pujols is still struggling despite already hitting one HR, but Lucroy is hitting the ball decently, while Napoli can't hit a lick. He's very much a hot and cold guy, so he could easily get hot and carry you for a while, but I think you are buying too high on Dunn and selling too low on Pujols. I guess if you post your roster I could see how much Santos really factors in, but I tend to give closers little or no value in trades, especially injured ones who were only respectable to begin with. It's close, but I'd pass.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby BStew » Sun May 13, 2012 12:21 am

rjforlife wrote:Tough one. I know Pujols is still struggling despite already hitting one HR, but Lucroy is hitting the ball decently, while Napoli can't hit a lick. He's very much a hot and cold guy, so he could easily get hot and carry you for a while, but [b]I think you are buying too high on Dunn and selling too low on Pujols[/b]. I guess if you post your roster I could see how much Santos really factors in, but I tend to give closers little or no value in trades, especially injured ones who were only respectable to begin with. It's close, but I'd pass.

I agree with the statement in bold. I like Dunn to do his normal .250 40/100 this year and Lucroy is a serviceable catcher but it's just not quite enough for Pujols.
BStew
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jovenparque » Sun May 13, 2012 12:30 am

man i am so glad i don't have this problem. you must have spent a lot to get pujols. so i understand it's very hard to let him go. still, he's pujols. i feel in these multi-player trades one side gets the "best player" by throwing a lot of players to increase overall value of his offer.

the baseball world is split on pujols which would have been absolutely preposterous even a year ago when he struggled. no one will blame you for moving pujols, but i don't think a multi-player trade is the move. this guy is betting pujols will do well. there are a lot of these guys still left. i would enter a trade that gives you the highest rated player possible and napoli/dunn isn't it.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ATLbraves » Sun May 13, 2012 12:37 am

I would not take this deal, you are giving up the best player in the deal.

Thanks for the help with mine.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jonboycubs » Sun May 13, 2012 8:13 am

I agree with the others, do not take the deal, I still believe Puhols will figure it out and start to get really hot. Is it a keeper league? If it is then really do not do it, You can get more for him. Thank for help on mine
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Postby ron paul for pres » Sun May 13, 2012 8:57 am

I would not do this deal. Pujols can turn it on in a hearbeat. Closers are pretty much non-factors to me in trades; the jobs are too volitile. So basically its Pujols/Lucroy for Dunn/Napoli. No way.

Thanks for help with mine.
ron paul for pres
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby Junse19 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:01 am

Adam Dunn was WW fodder up until a couple of weeks ago. No way I'd ever make that deal. You're essentially trading Pujols for Dunn. The remaining components of that trade are replaceable.
Junse19
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions