100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pence-Upton Blockbuster WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pence-Upton Blockbuster WHIR

Postby RyeWhiskey » Fri May 11, 2012 3:24 pm

sigriffey wrote:
AngryMonkey wrote:
sigriffey wrote:Is there a counter that would make the deal worth it to me? I do somewhat like Pence's consistency over Upton given this is H2H and I am saddled with some low average streakers like Stanton, Dunn and Upton...

Yes I agree with you here. Would be willing to swap Upton/Pence straight-up? Would you?

Well, Pence is in his final keeper year and Upton has 2 more after this, so it should be fair. And I doubt I keep him given my other options and the fact that I am strongly positioned for this year. But I know he fixates on pitchers I have too. He likes Jordan Zimmerman, Romero and Smyly in partic.

The way I see it, I gain singles, HR, 2B and consistency with Pence. I lose some BB and a fair amount of SB.

Thoughts on a way to make this work?

I'd offer it to him straight up with emphasis on the weight in his favor in terms of keeper years. I wouldn't complicate things with adding SPs which you will then have to equalize in value. I like Pence over BJ for this season as well, and given that you won't be keeping either, it seems like a good deal for you. Plus, you can get SBs later pretty easily if absolutely necessary.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sigriffey » Fri May 11, 2012 3:28 pm

AngryMonkey wrote:
sigriffey wrote:
AngryMonkey wrote:
Yes I agree with you here. Would be willing to swap Upton/Pence straight-up? Would you?

Well, Pence is in his final keeper year and Upton has 2 more after this, so it should be fair. And I doubt I keep him given my other options and the fact that I am strongly positioned for this year. But I know he fixates on pitchers I have too. He likes Jordan Zimmerman, Romero and Smyly in partic.

The way I see it, I gain singles, HR, 2B and consistency with Pence. I lose some BB and a fair amount of SB.

I'd offer it to him straight up with emphasis on the weight in his favor in terms of keeper years. I wouldn't complicate things with adding SPs which you will then have to equalize in value. I like Pence over BJ for this season as well, and given that you won't be keeping either, it seems like a good deal for you. Plus, you can get SBs later pretty easily if absolutely necessary.

If he doesn't bite on that, would it be worth my while to offer Upton and Smyly for Pence and Fister?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Fri May 11, 2012 3:32 pm

sigriffey wrote:
AngryMonkey wrote:
sigriffey wrote:

If he doesn't bite on that, would it be worth my while to offer Upton and Smyly for Pence and Fister?

I'd say so. Fister was a huge bargain going into the season and should produce really well (I own both Fister and Smyly in my league). Smyly has nice potential, but is much more uncertain and he was brought up quite young without a lot of time in the minors. In terms of value I think the trade is relatively even.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sigriffey » Fri May 11, 2012 3:47 pm

AngryMonkey wrote:
sigriffey wrote:
AngryMonkey wrote:

I'd say so. Fister was a huge bargain going into the season and should produce really well (I own both Fister and Smyly in my league). Smyly has nice potential, but is much more uncertain and he was brought up quite young without a lot of time in the minors. In terms of value I think the trade is relatively even.

Since he says he is not wild about dealing Fister, I told him this:

"I'll give you a choice. .. either of these deals:

Upton and Smyly for Pence and Fister

or

Upton and Romero for Pence and Gallardo"
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 am

sigriffey wrote:
Since he says he is not wild about dealing Fister, I told him this:

"I'll give you a choice. .. either of these deals:

Upton and Smyly for Pence and Fister

or

Upton and Romero for Pence and Gallardo"

If he is hesitant to give up Fister that first deal wont work...and I agree with the person who said Romero is underrated/undervalued.

I also think Gallardo is not going to improve his numbers that much this year and will probably get hurt...so I would not trade for him personally.

If he won't go straight up...and does not like adding Smyly and Fister....maybe try

Upton and Parker for Pence and Alvarez?

Little help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=446743
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions