Andy Pettitte Owners....... Inside!! {WH!R} 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Andy Pettitte Owners....... Inside!! {WH!R} 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andy Pettitte Owners....... Inside!! {WH!R} 100%

Postby etl1692 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:47 am

Okay so I have about an hour to decide on moves to make. What are everyones thought on Mr. Andy Old Man Pettitte?

My Moves:
1.) Drop Gardner (I have plenty of speed, Kemp, Upton, Upton, Trout, this move does not hurt me)
2.) Add Youkillis and post him up on my DL
3.) Drop Jarrod Parker, and scoop up ANDY PETTITTE who pitches Sunday against the Mariners!

So my two adds for this week are Kevin Youkillis (DL) and Andy Pettitte. Real solid! Other than their age and what not, I think this is solid upgrades (we will see with Pettitte)! Is this a killer deal? or save Jarrod Parker?

*Indicates Keeper
Batting:
C: A.J. Pierzynski
1B: Joey Votto *
2B: Rickie Weeks
3B: Alex Rodriguez
SS: Asdrubal Cabrera
OF: Matt Kemp* ; B.J. Upton ; Justin Upton*
Util: Mike Aviles (3B,2B,SS)
Util: Brett Gardner
BN: Alejandro De Aza
BN: Mike Trout

Pitching:
P: C.C. Sabathia*; P: Mat Latos ; P: Josh Beckett ; P: Ryan Dempster ; P: Shaun Marcum ; P: Max Scherzer ; P: Jonathon Niese ; P: Mike Minor ; P: Drew Smyly ; P: Jarrod Parker ; RP: Fernando Rodney ; RP: Chris Sale

League: 12 teams, H2H, Points System
Batting: R=1 H=1 2B=2 3B=3 HR=4 RBI=2 SB=2 CS=-1 BB=1 IBB=1 HBP=1 K=-1 GIDP=-1 TB=1
Pitching: IP=1 W=10 L=-5 CG=10 SHO=10 SV=5 ER=-1 BB=-1 HBP=-1 K=-1 WP=-1 BLK=-1 Pick=2 NH=20 PG=25
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Andy Pettitte Owners....... Inside!! {WH!R} 100%

Postby TruYankeeFan » Fri May 11, 2012 7:52 am

I know Gardner is killing you right now....I was so looking froward to taking him off the DL and am not looking forward to losing that bench spot for another 3 weeks (I have Carpenter on the DL and only have one spot).

Here's the thing...while Gardner does not have the power Youk has been know for...I think Gardner is very unrecognized for his value to the yanks lineup. Aside from the 50-60 steals per season (obviously have to prorate that now)...he should have a .300+ avg a .400ish OBP and score a TON of runs. Youk while I think he will come back a better than avg MLB player...I do not think he will be more valuable than Gardner for the rest of this year.

As for Andy....I know his cutter is pretty much back to form...and dude is a consummate professional pitcher, doubt he would come back if he did not think he was ready. So certainly should be a solid pitcher for the year...but unless you already have more potential keepers you like than you are allowed to keep, I would consider Parker for his keeper value.
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions