Weeks or Altuve long term? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Weeks or Altuve long term?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Weeks or Altuve long term?

Postby curl » Fri May 11, 2012 1:24 am

I'm in a 20 team, 25 keeper head to head dynasty league with standard categories plus holds and OPS.

I was offered a trade the other day that involved a swap of my Jose Altuve for his Jemile Weeks. There were other pieces involved as well, but I'm trying to decide whom the Altuve/Weeks swap favors so I have a better idea how I want to approach it. Altuve's a full three years younger than Weeks, but I suspect that Weeks still has a higher upside as I'm not entirely convinced that Altuve is any more than a faster Placido Polanco. So, who would you rather have long term?
curl
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Weeks or Altuve long term?

Postby TruYankeeFan » Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 am

I have lost faith in Weeks myself and think Altuve will be better this year for sure...and my gut says he will be the better player for the long term as well.

And if you believe sites like fangraphs; see, "Jose Altuve is Starlin Castro 2.0".... then he could be a whole lot better than Rickie and most of the other 2B too...
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby Mjbren1 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:41 am

Altuve will be a 300 hitter with runs and may develop some stolen bases. He is 5'5" so I don't see double digit homers. Rather have a guy who hits every game than one who takes 20 at bats off every other week.
Mjbren1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BStew » Fri May 11, 2012 10:23 am

I like Altuve. When I watch him he reminds me more of Dustin Pedroia 2.0 than Starlin Castro.

I think yearly lines of .300+, 100 runs, 65 rbi, 10-15 home runs at his peak with 20-30 steals is very attainable for him. He could be even better when he matures but the line above is what I expect to see from him.
BStew
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions