Trade for Fielder - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade for Fielder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade for Fielder

Postby RJCAL » Thu May 10, 2012 4:56 pm

I have a chance to pick up Fielder in exchange for Michael Bourn and one of my 2 closers(either Kimbrel or Paps - most likely he would want Kimbrel). I have a chance to pick up a stud hitter but am giving up a ton of saves and stolen bases. The other owner has absolutely no closers at this time other than Rodriguez from Washington. I was thinking that if I am going to do this deal,I tell him to pick Sale off of waivers and package him up in the deal. I know I am losing a great closer but I am hoping Sale could help me out some. Below is my roster. I know that I will have a ton of 1B, but after this trade but I am hoping if either Howard or Sandoval come back and LaHair keeps hitting I might have some trade leverage later in the season.

I am presently in 1st place by 5.5 games, Do I have enough to stay in contention all the way through?

C- Santana
1B - LaHair
2B - Altuve
SS- Jeter
3B - Bautista (killing me right now)
OF - Bourn
OF- Fowler
OF - Trout
OF - Harper
OF - Beltran
2B - Ackley
1B, 3B, OF - Trumbo
SS - Cozart
DL - Sandoval
DL - Howard
DL - Ellsbury

P - Price
P - Strasburg
P - Halladay
P - Feliz
P - Billingsley
P- Morrow
P - Beachy
P - Scherzer
RP - Kimbrel
RP - Paps
RJCAL
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade for Fielder

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu May 10, 2012 6:07 pm

I would do it and not think about it too much. Papelbon should be fine to get saves while you scour for saves off the wire. Speed can be found the same way if you really need it and you have some guys you could conceivably dump to get them. I think Fielder is an option you need to take on because neither LaHair or Howard are guaranteed to have a productive season through September. Getting stability at 1B will help you keep your lead in case someone goes sour.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 125)

Re: Trade for Fielder

Postby MaudDib » Fri May 11, 2012 10:02 am

I really want to say yes, take the trade. The thing that is holding me back is that before the season started, there was a lot of talk about what effect the ballpark will have on Fielder. So part of me thinks that you aren't buying him low but more buying him at what he is going to actually produce and puts him about the same value as Bourn.

I would probably do the trade but it is hard for me to really endorse it. Plus you really don't have much speed. As you can see I am split. If you think Fielder still has it in him to hit 40 HR then you have your answer.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 394)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions