Multiplayer Dynasty League Trade - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Multiplayer Dynasty League Trade - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Multiplayer Dynasty League Trade - WHIR

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu May 10, 2012 12:56 pm

16 Team, large roster Dynasty League each with 5 player Farm Team(top 80 current prospects already owned).
H2H points scoring on everything that happens on field.

Got offered this deal.
I give him Cuddyer(100pts), Swisher(110pts) and my 2013 1st round draft pick in the prospect/farm team draft(probably 12th or worse pick in draft)
and
He gives me Furcal(130pts) and Trout.

Here is my usual starting hitters roster:
Posey, Fielder, Uggla, Jeter, Freese, Cuddyer(MI), Chris Johnson(CI), Pierre, Campana, Swisher, Craig, Getz(UT)
Bench: Dyson
DL: Longoria, Sandoval, Drew, Morse
Farm Team: Cespedes

Already counteroffered with Swisher, Drew, Getz and 1st round prospect pick but got rejected.

Only thinking about doing this deal because if Furcal can stay healthy, he gives me same pts as Swisher and Trout gives me more future upside than Cuddyer. AND, I will have all my studs coming off DL to give me a crapload of hitting points.

So, what do you think? Am I putting too much value on Trout in this dynasty league?
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Multiplayer Dynasty League Trade - WHIR

Postby BStew » Thu May 10, 2012 1:07 pm

8-o Take it!

That's an awesome deal if you can get it for Trout. If Furcal wasn't even included it would be a great deal for Trout. It is hard to overvalue him in a Dynasty league. Cuddyer is good for MI but you can put in Furcal or Craig or even Drew when he gets off the DL. Swisher is just mediocre. Trout has the ability to be a top 3 pick in the near future. This is a steal.
BStew
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JJGBPD » Thu May 10, 2012 1:08 pm

I can't help much as I'm not familiar with Dynasty leagues, but I'm very high on Trout. I have him in my keeper. He's projected to be 7th round talent next season (currently). From what you laid out, I would do it. Thanks for the opinion on mine!
JJGBPD
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sigriffey » Thu May 10, 2012 1:16 pm

I personally thought Trout might be overrated ... then he put on a hitting show yesterday. Hard to say what he'll do and Mike Scioscia seems to get the worst out of his hitters (exhibit A: Mike Napoli). But all that being said, I like the future outlook and see him developing nicely enough to warrant the deal if you have good guys returning off the DL.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions