Starting Pitcher.... Whats Going ON!@ Help...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Starting Pitcher.... Whats Going ON!@ Help......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Starting Pitcher.... Whats Going ON!@ Help......

Postby etl1692 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:41 am

What is going on! Chris Sale went from doing extremely well, to being a RP, and now all of the sudden this guy Addison Reed (RP) is up Sales a** to be the closer...... Do I save the embarrasment and bleeding and drop Sale?? Something is not right here. Some think he is bound for the DL, others think he will be back at SP. Does anyone really know? Anyway if I drop Sale these are my options:

Alexi Ogando (RP) <-------- Really like this guys stuff. Leaning Ogando.
Rafael Soriano (RP) <------- Another guy that sticks out. Great stuff, and with Mariano out and Robertson blowing the save last night, will he get his chance?
Casey Janssen (RP)
Santiago Casilla (RP)
Scott Downs (RP)

*Indicates Keeper
Pitching:
P: C.C. Sabathia*; P: Mat Latos ; P: Josh Beckett ; P: Ryan Dempster ; P: Shaun Marcum ; P: Max Scherzer ; P: Jonathon Niese ; P: Mike Minor ; P: Drew Smyly ; P: Jarrod Parker ; RP: Fernando Rodney ; RP: Chris Sale

League: 12 teams, H2H, Points System

Pitching: IP=1 W=10 L=-5 CG=10 SHO=10 SV=5 ER=-1 BB=-1 HBP=-1 K=-1 WP=-1 BLK=-1 Pick=2 NH=20 PG=25
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Starting Pitcher.... Whats Going ON!@ Help......

Postby etl1692 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:16 am

Anyone? Need some quick info!
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:21 am

he just went for an mri to make sure about the tender elbow, he could go back in the rotation or he could be the closer, worse is he hits the DL but i wouldnt drop him until the news comes out.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mjbren1 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:36 am

They announced it last week on rotowire, the move is happening with Sale as a reliever is due to the fact his arm cannot handle the innings load and as a precautionary move they are putting him back at a reliever. Right now they are checking him out and seeing where he is but all the hype in March was that Reed is the closer of the future, the future is now I guess.
Mjbren1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:55 am

Chris Sale said following Tuesday's game that he hasn't ruled out pitching as a starter again this season.
"No, absolutely not," said Sale. "Starting is something I hope I can get back into. We’ve been kind of talking back and forth. There’s a possibility of it. Not ruling it out is the best way to say it." White Sox manager Robin Ventura initially indicated that Sale would serve as the team's closer for the rest of the season, but even pitching coach Don Cooper acknowledged that the young left-hander could return to the rotation before the year is out. It's a confusing situation, but Sale remains a must-own in mixed leagues either way.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions