Question regarding yahoo leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question regarding yahoo leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question regarding yahoo leagues

Postby LSUby50 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:13 pm

I noticed a feature on my yahoo team page this year under 'Lineup tools" that has a link to "swap inactive players" . (top right side of the team page). Can anybody explain how this works for me? i assume it will insert active players when your starter is scratched for that days game to help maximize games played.
How do you activate it and do you have to do it daily or will it work for the whole season?

thanks in advance.
LSUby50
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Question regarding yahoo leagues

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 09, 2012 6:44 pm

LSUby50 wrote:I noticed a feature on my yahoo team page this year under 'Lineup tools" that has a link to "swap inactive players" . (top right side of the team page). Can anybody explain how this works for me? i assume it will insert active players when your starter is scratched for that days game to help maximize games played.
How do you activate it and do you have to do it daily or will it work for the whole season?

thanks in advance.

That is very new for baseball. It has no lasting effect; at the point you click the button it updates your lineup to try to avoid empty slots. It does NOT in any way guarantee an optimal lineup or try to play the game for you. Specifically if it sees a lineup slot with a guy who has no game that day, it will try to swap him out. If it sees a lineup slot with a guy marked as not starting for the day, it will try to swap him out, but we only get that notification shortly before gametime. If it sees a starting pitcher in your lineup who is not scheduled to start that day, it will try to swap him out. That's about it.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LSUby50 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:04 pm

So it swaps out the inactive players before the games? Even after you've logged off? Or just when you click on it, it moves around the scratched starters that have been scratched at that point? Thanks for the reply.
LSUby50
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby LSUby50 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:08 pm

I guess what I'm asking is can I click the feature and be good for that day or do I still have to check back before games to make sure ive got the scratched players out? That's always the tough part for me in ffb- keeping up with lineup changes and maximizing games played.
LSUby50
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 pm

The only time it does anything is at the instant you click the button. It is only meant to save you time dragging guys around in the moment if your intent is just to pad your lineup with games played. It is probably more useful in h2h leagues, and generally more useful in other sports that don't have as fully populated schedules, but we figured we might as well offer it in all games, particularly once people here asked for it.

It does NOT maintain your lineup later in the day because you clicked it earlier in the day.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby converge241 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 am

This is a nice feature to save a little time and keystrokes on those half full days like today and Mondays. I like it! ;-D
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Return to Commissioner's Corner