Best bat available is? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Best bat available is?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best bat available is?

Postby Pav » Wed May 09, 2012 7:25 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:
Pav wrote:Where would you rank Walker and Lowrie?


walker is still 1-2 years away from being a good hitter he has to many holes. and dont be surprised if lowrie loses a lil playing time when youk comes back...


Thanks. What about Bob Seager and Robert Andino? They both are getting ton ABs and playing well across the board.
Pav
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best bat available is?

Postby Pav » Thu May 10, 2012 11:21 am

If I passed on 40 y/o Chip Jones, would you consider any one of these options?

Kyle Seager (Sea - 3B,SS)
Omar Infante (Mia - 2B)
Josh Reddick (Oak - OF)
Álex Ríos (CWS - OF)
Pav
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best bat available is?

Postby Mjbren1 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Wish I was in your noob league with all these people on waivers. Andino has to be owned, 3 positions and is hitting over .300 with 4 cats. Seager is losing at bats to Mike Carp now that he is off the DL, Lowrie should be owned as well he is killing it and if he stays healthy has all star potential. Chipper Jones plays one off one, 12 at bats a week doesn't help.
Mjbren1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 89
Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best bat available is?

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Mjbren1 wrote:Wish I was in your noob league with all these people on waivers. Andino has to be owned, 3 positions and is hitting over .300 with 4 cats. Seager is losing at bats to Mike Carp now that he is off the DL, Lowrie should be owned as well he is killing it and if he stays healthy has all star potential. Chipper Jones plays one off one, 12 at bats a week doesn't help.


chipper batting 12 at bats a week? he has 42 ab in the last 14 days, .295 avg, 5hr 21 rbis. pretty solid for a guy you can pick up. ride it until his knees gives.


alvarex would still be my first choice if his available. also gardner is a great choice as well.


seager is going to lose AB with liddi playing and carp now, lowrie will cool off.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best bat available is?

Postby Pav » Thu May 10, 2012 12:30 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:
Mjbren1 wrote:Wish I was in your noob league with all these people on waivers. Andino has to be owned, 3 positions and is hitting over .300 with 4 cats. Seager is losing at bats to Mike Carp now that he is off the DL, Lowrie should be owned as well he is killing it and if he stays healthy has all star potential. Chipper Jones plays one off one, 12 at bats a week doesn't help.


chipper batting 12 at bats a week? he has 42 ab in the last 14 days, .295 avg, 5hr 21 rbis. pretty solid for a guy you can pick up. ride it until his knees gives.

alvarex would still be my first choice if his available. also gardner is a great choice as well.

seager is going to lose AB with liddi playing and carp now, lowrie will cool off.


Alvarez has cooled down too! 0 for 0 at 15 ABs .260 AVG to .224 And Gardner has no power and huge risk till you know how he fits in after injury. Chipper is the best bat although, he's not consistent. Has only 3 games which he produced anything significant. Has gone 5 games in between with duds, etc.
Last edited by Pav on Thu May 10, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pav
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 228
Joined: 8 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best bat available is?

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Pav wrote:
joeyg2323 wrote:
Mjbren1 wrote:Wish I was in your noob league with all these people on waivers. Andino has to be owned, 3 positions and is hitting over .300 with 4 cats. Seager is losing at bats to Mike Carp now that he is off the DL, Lowrie should be owned as well he is killing it and if he stays healthy has all star potential. Chipper Jones plays one off one, 12 at bats a week doesn't help.


chipper batting 12 at bats a week? he has 42 ab in the last 14 days, .295 avg, 5hr 21 rbis. pretty solid for a guy you can pick up. ride it until his knees gives.

alvarex would still be my first choice if his available. also gardner is a great choice as well.

seager is going to lose AB with liddi playing and carp now, lowrie will cool off.


Alvarez has cooled down too! 0 for 0 at 15 ABs .260 AVG to .224



oh no a 4 game slump! usually a guy that smashed 5 HR is a week gets pitched different in the upcoming weeks it happens to almost every player and they go into these small slumps, alvarez has some confidence at the plate, cut down his ks, and moved into the 4 hole in the pirates lineup.

i see him finishing with 30+ HR, 80+ RBI.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact