- Through 5 starts Ryan Dempster is now the owner of a 1.02 ERA... and a 0 - 1 Record. GO CUBS.
- Carlos Beltran was only able to hit half as many homers as Josh Hamilton last night, pushing his season total to an impressive 10. The fact that he is a former Met increases his chances of winning the NL MVP Award five-fold.
- Billy Butler hit his 6th homer Tuesday night, driving in 3 runs. He's now driven in 23 in 2012. Joey Votto is starting to get jealous of him.
- Brandon Inge belted a walk off grand slam with his new squad, the A's. It's his second homer in as many games.
- Jake Westbrook remained on fire for the Cardinals, yielding his owners a huge ROI with 7 shutout innings, pairing it with 8 Ks and the Win.
- A.J. Burnett rebounded nicely from his 12 ER shelling last time out, pitching 8 scoreless innings, only to have his bullpen blow his win, immediately followed by the Nationals' bullpen blowing their Win, with the Bucs ultimately winning the game. The loser here? Fantasy owners. Burnett has now been nasty in 3 of his 4 starts this season, with the atomic meltdown in between.
TOR: Morrow (3-1, 2.38 ERA) OAK: Ross (1-2, 8.55 ERA)
I think Cueto will keep your ERA and WHIP low, but who knows about the win going against Grienke at home. But Johnson is a true wildcard. Johnson has had 6 starts.. 4 have been horrible and 2 have been pretty solid. Houston has been better than thought on offense, I would say you have to sit him until you can get some more consistency. You will lose his IP but he could kill your ERA and only get 3-4 IP. He hasnt been very good against Houston 3 GS 17 IP 20 H 4 HR 10 BB 13 K 5.82 ERA 1.76 WHIP and a BAA of .313.
Trotting out Detwiler and Smyly today. I'm hoping Smyly gets a better strikezone than Verlander got.
Hey I just realized I have two Tiger pitchers. How rare of me. I rarely own any junior circuit pitchers, much less two from the same team. I've been hanging around the cafe too long and the physcho must be wareing on me.
Just promise me one thing guys, and mookies. If I ever own two Oriole pitchers, please kick me in the nuts. I'll deserve it.