Hamilton hits 4 HRs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby thatguy27 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:33 am

jcook3127 wrote:I have Hamilton on my team and I'm wondering if anyone has a list or knows who else has also hit 4 home runs in one game this season to compare..I know it can't be that many and with me owning Hamilton I feel like that's crazy so if anyone has a list that would be great


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ma ... n_one_game
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby thatguy27 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:35 am

NZ Eff wrote:
jcook3127 wrote:I have Hamilton on my team and I'm wondering if anyone has a list or knows who else has also hit 4 home runs in one game this season to compare..I know it can't be that many and with me owning Hamilton I feel like that's crazy so if anyone has a list that would be great


Has only happened 16 times in the history of baseball so no it hasn't happened until now this season. Granderson hit 3 back in April.


Yup. It last happened in '03, Carlos Delgado. Amazingly it happened twice in '02, Mike Cameron and Shawn Green. Pretty crazy, though, that it's such a rare occurrence yet 3 of the 16 times came in a 2 season span.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby Seatownfavorite » Wed May 09, 2012 3:04 am

For some reason I was sure that Danny Tartabull had done it.
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 269
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby NZ Eff » Wed May 09, 2012 3:12 am

thatguy27 wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:
jcook3127 wrote:I have Hamilton on my team and I'm wondering if anyone has a list or knows who else has also hit 4 home runs in one game this season to compare..I know it can't be that many and with me owning Hamilton I feel like that's crazy so if anyone has a list that would be great


Has only happened 16 times in the history of baseball so no it hasn't happened until now this season. Granderson hit 3 back in April.


Yup. It last happened in '03, Carlos Delgado. Amazingly it happened twice in '02, Mike Cameron and Shawn Green. Pretty crazy, though, that it's such a rare occurrence yet 3 of the 16 times came in a 2 season span.


Roids?

I remember the Shawn Green night well as I think he almost hit a 5th that resulted in a double.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1479
(Past Year: 99)
Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby AKhomebrewer » Wed May 09, 2012 3:34 am

thatguy27 wrote:I posted this in the cheering/venting thread, but for prosperity's sake: ...


Epic post, guy, but I think the word you're looking for is "posterity". Sorry; don't mean to buzzkill.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3240
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Offshore

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby bayside » Wed May 09, 2012 3:38 am

AKhomebrewer wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:I posted this in the cheering/venting thread, but for prosperity's sake: ...


Epic post, guy, but I think the word you're looking for is "redundancy". Sorry; don't mean to buzzkill.
.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1344
(Past Year: 190)
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: WHOOOOOS got it better than us?

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby thatguy27 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:37 am

AKhomebrewer wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:I posted this in the cheering/venting thread, but for prosperity's sake: ...


Epic post, guy, but I think the word you're looking for is "posterity". Sorry; don't mean to buzzkill.


Oof. I'm an idiot. Thanks for the correction and for the props. ;-D
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby thatguy27 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:43 am

bayside wrote:
AKhomebrewer wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:I posted this in the cheering/venting thread, but for prosperity's sake: ...


Epic post, guy, but I think the word you're looking for is "redundancy". Sorry; don't mean to buzzkill.
.


Yes, I posted it twice. I'd have only posted it once had this thread been started sooner. But, since the daily threads get locked and in short time fade into oblivion, I wanted to have it posted it in an active thread. I quite enjoyed your editing though. You have great wit.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed May 09, 2012 8:48 am

The man is a beast. The Steve Nash of baseball.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19486
(Past Year: 301)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Hamilton hits 4 HRs

Postby daullaz » Wed May 09, 2012 9:29 am

thatguy27 wrote:
jcook3127 wrote:I have Hamilton on my team and I'm wondering if anyone has a list or knows who else has also hit 4 home runs in one game this season to compare..I know it can't be that many and with me owning Hamilton I feel like that's crazy so if anyone has a list that would be great


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ma ... n_one_game


Boo for posting the full list so early. We could have dragged that out for a few pages and reminisced about the 3 HR thread.

j/k, thanks ;-D
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 322)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ray Zorback, slink and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Arizona at Chi Cubs
(12:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(2:20 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(3:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(3:35 pm)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at Toronto
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Baltimore
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact