Andy Dirks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Andy Dirks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andy Dirks

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 08, 2012 7:32 pm

coming into the season Brennan Boesch had added value because he was batting 2nd in front of Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder. that has changed, now Andy Dirks is in that position. he's started the last 2 games there and is in the 2 spot again tonight. this gives Dirks added value.
Dirks has power and speed potential.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/ ... Andy-Dirks
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Andy Dirks

Postby paisano1 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Yea I like him too, but he is an outfielder which really lowers his value given the depth of the position. Although it is probably more of a possibility that this guys takes off over many of the other fa's available in your league. I'm personally going to track him the next few games and if he does good I might take a flier on him because at that point he will be getting full time at bats. He is still splitting time as of now.
paisano1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Izenhart » Tue May 08, 2012 9:44 pm

The way I see it, if I want to pick him up 2 or three days from now I probably missed some good stats, so I grabbed the guy already on teams I had someone to dump and no one specific to pick up. If he does well great, if not I'll find another guy to jump on early. Middlebrooks is going to be a popular add now. And when Lorenzo Cain comes back I'm hopping on him in case he starts out on fire.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby clarkw267 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:55 pm

I've seen Dirks play a lot, and I like him. He's got very good contact skills (doesn't K), and can do a little of everything. He's got some pop and some speed, and hitting 2nd in that lineup he'll score a bunch of runs. In deeper 12 team leagues I'd add him.
clarkw267
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Philly_05 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:57 pm

paisano1 wrote:Yea I like him too, but he is an outfielder which really lowers his value given the depth of the position. Although it is probably more of a possibility that this guys takes off over many of the other fa's available in your league. I'm personally going to track him the next few games and if he does good I might take a flier on him because at that point he will be getting full time at bats. He is still splitting time as of now.

OF is so deep 8-o are you playing in 6 team leagues? Looking at my 12 team FP league half the league can't field a quality 4 man OF. I'm going to take a filler on this guy now with his 3.06 FP/G and 3 RBI tonight. I have had enough of looking at Markakis, Span and Martinez stinking up the joint.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 635)

Postby Ender » Wed May 09, 2012 12:49 am

Sell high sell fast sell for any roster-able player.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Dirks is not in the lineup tonight, and Boesch is back in the 2 spot. personally I hope this is just a 1 time thing and Dirks will be back in the 2 spot tomorrow.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Philly_05 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:27 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:Dirks is not in the lineup tonight, and Boesch is back in the 2 spot. personally I hope this is just a 1 time thing and Dirks will be back in the 2 spot tomorrow.

He could be sitting because they are facing a lefty tonight?
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 635)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed May 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Seems like Boesch was penciled in to hit second pretty much every day in preseason, but his horrendous start has him demoted to sharing that spot with Dirks. Dirks probably still has a decently long way to go before he claims the exclusive rights to the 2-hole that they were ready to hand over to Brennan. Still, he seems like a pretty good start on any given day that he hits second, so if you have room for a platoon type OF, you could do worse.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 09, 2012 7:30 pm

this from rotoworld.
Andy Dirks is not in Wednesday's lineup due to a sore left hamstring.
It's an ailment he's been dealing with off and on since mid-April. Dirks has been hot at the plate lately, though, so unless he has a setback, it doesn't appear to be something that will force him to the DL.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers