Drop Downs for Middlebrooks? (Uh, YEAH!) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Downs for Middlebrooks? (Uh, YEAH!)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Downs for Middlebrooks? (Uh, YEAH!)

Postby wazzeus » Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Just did. (Hanging onto Frieri, though, since I think he'll be the guy in Anaheim going forward.)

This from Rotoworld, hot off the press:

Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine told reporters Tuesday that the idea of using Will Middlebrooks in the outfield has been discussed internally.
Middlebrooks hasn't played anywhere but third base in his professional baseball career, but he's raking to the tune of a 1.361 OPS and the Red Sox are going to want to keep him in their starting lineup even when Kevin Youkilis (back) returns. Multiple position eligibility is always a welcome thing in fantasy leagues. And Middlebrooks should maintain a good deal of fantasy value if he continues to see regular playing time.

(I'm actually drooling. Middlebrooks just became a fantasy lottery ticket.)
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop Downs for Middlebrooks? (Uh, YEAH!)

Postby bodsquad » Tue May 08, 2012 6:33 pm

I think you need to be a littleless excited about middlebrooks. Yes he has hit so far. He will not keep this pace up.
bodsquad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 46)

Re: Drop Downs for Middlebrooks? (Uh, YEAH!)

Postby wazzeus » Tue May 08, 2012 6:42 pm

bodsquad wrote:I think you need to be a littleless excited about middlebrooks. Yes he has hit so far. He will not keep this pace up.

I know he won't stay this hot, but if he stays in a powerful BoSox lineup when Youk returns -- which he should -- and gains eligibility at OF in addition to 3B, he might prove to be one of the adds of the year. I'm seeing potential here. I don't get the sense that Downs is long for closing in Anaheim, so the switch risk is minimal.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions