What to do with Sale? Pick up Robertson? WHIR* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What to do with Sale? Pick up Robertson? WHIR*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to do with Sale? Pick up Robertson? WHIR*

Postby StealingHome » Tue May 08, 2012 1:44 pm

12-team H2H 5x5 points league (non-keeper)

Quality Starts (QS): 5 points
Saves (SV): 5
Earned Runs (ER): -0.5
Strikeouts (K): 2
Innings Pitched (IP): 1

I'd like to only hold onto 2 closers. I currently own Brandon League and Santiago Casilla. I'm concerned that Seattle trades League. I like Casilla, and he should have the job in San Francisco for the rest of the season. Sale may be a good closer this year, but his latest injury concerns me. I read that they almost placed him on the DL. And Robertson is still available in my league, and I'd love to pick him up.

I'm thinking about dropping Sale, picking up Robertson, and trading League. What do you think?
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to do with Sale? Pick up Robertson? WHIR*

Postby BStew » Tue May 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Pick up Robertson immediately. He has some of the best stuff of any reliever in baseball. I don't know how many roster spots you have but I would normally keep all four of those closers. If you are determined to get rid of one of them I would probably say Sale for the injury potential.
BStew
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GAC8666 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:19 pm

1st step is to pick up Robertson. I think League still has value as a closer even if he gets dealt. And there is no way I could drop Sale right now. He was doing a very good job at a SP, and his value is high right now. I would try and deal Sale to help your other positions.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby 49ersavior » Tue May 08, 2012 2:28 pm

GAC8666 wrote:1st step is to pick up Robertson. I think League still has value as a closer even if he gets dealt. And there is no way I could drop Sale right now. He was doing a very good job at a SP, and his value is high right now. I would try and deal Sale to help your other positions.

I agree with this! So many contending teams are in need of a closer right now that league will end up somewhere down the stretch where he will receive more chances. He's been an under the radar closer b/c of the market he's in. Its comparable to how Garza will probably be traded mid-season and end up on a contender, making his value skyrocket. Also Sale has had some success so far this year, but the elbow soreness is a red flag with all the injuries so far this year so I would see what you can get for him straight up or in a package deal since he has SP/RP eligibility.
49ersavior
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StealingHome » Tue May 08, 2012 2:30 pm

GAC8666 wrote:1st step is to pick up Robertson. I think League still has value as a closer even if he gets dealt. And there is no way I could drop Sale right now. He was doing a very good job at a SP, and his value is high right now. I would try and deal Sale to help your other positions.

I only have 2 RP spots. Given the scoring I gave in the original message, (with generally more K's and innings pitched per week) SP generate the most points . So I'd like to pick 2 of Robertson, Sale, League and Casilla. So, I'm thinking about dropping Sale, picking up Robertson, and trading League.
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StealingHome » Tue May 08, 2012 2:36 pm

49ersavior wrote:

I agree with this! So many contending teams are in need of a closer right now that league will end up somewhere down the stretch where he will receive more chances. He's been an under the radar closer b/c of the market he's in. Its comparable to how Garza will probably be traded mid-season and end up on a contender, making his value skyrocket. Also Sale has had some success so far this year, but the elbow soreness is a red flag with all the injuries so far this year so I would see what you can get for him straight up or in a package deal since he has SP/RP eligibility.

I guess that I automatically assumed that League may get traded somewhere and not close (maybe just set up). I'm not sure why I assumed that. Thanks! Sounds like I have more of a problem on my hands that I thought.
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GAC8666 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:37 pm

StealingHome wrote:

I only have 2 RP spots. Given the scoring I gave in the original message, (with generally more K's and innings pitched per week) SP generate the most points . So I'd like to pick 2 of Robertson, Sale, League and Casilla. So, I'm thinking about dropping Sale, picking up Robertson, and trading League.

I see now with the scoring my bad. Even with that, I would pick up Robertson hold on to League and and then deal Sale and Casilla. Even if you get pennies on the dollar using a guy you will drop to improve your hitting is the move IMO. I just think they have to much value to flat out drop.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StealingHome » Tue May 08, 2012 2:50 pm

GAC8666 wrote:
StealingHome wrote:

I see now with the scoring my bad. Even with that, I would pick up Robertson hold on to League and and then deal Sale and Casilla. Even if you get pennies on the dollar using a guy you will drop to improve your hitting is the move IMO. I just think they have to much value to flat out drop.

Thanks for the advice. I picked up Robertson and will now look to make some trades. Thanks again!
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby elvis1074 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Sale will probably get hurt soon. Robertson is a must add and will be a top 3 closer.

Please help
viewtopic.php?t=446425
elvis1074
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dominicfaiola » Tue May 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Think you've got the right idea. Keep us posted on your trades! Robertson has so much potential to be an absolute stud.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=446381
dominicfaiola
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 58)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions