Will Middlebrooks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Middlebrooks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Will Middlebrooks

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:08 pm

rjforlife wrote:Would you trade him for Brandon Phillips in a redraft?

Without hesitation.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Youk has been traded. Middlebrooks is looking good going forward.

Kevin Youkilis has been traded, though it isn't clear to which team yet.
Multiple news outlets have confirmed that a deal is done. Youk was pulled from Sunday's game, presumably after a deal was consummated. He left the field to a standing ovation. Danny Knobler of CBS Sports says the Dodgers didn't acquire him and Jon Heyman of the same organization said it isn't the Indians either. It appears as though either the White Sox or Pirates acquired the 33-year-old third baseman.
Source: Scott Miller on Twitter Jun 24 - 4:44 PM
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby wazzeus » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Youk to the White Sox, as expected.

I see Middlebrooks hitting .275-ish the rest of the way with 15-20 homers, 40-50 RBI and a few steals. Not a bad waiver find.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:45 pm

where does Middlebrooks get drafted next season?
in a 16 team league, would he be drafted in the 1st 5 rounds? that would make him a top 80 player?
I'm in a 16 team keeper league that keeps 5 and I'm interested in trading for Middlebrooks. but it would involve trading draft picks where I give up a better pick in next years draft.
I don't think he is a .300+ hitter, but what type of power are we talking about? he has 9 HR with Boston and he had 9 HR in the minors this season. that's a total of 18 HR in 64 games. in 2011 in the minors he had a total of 23 HR in 3 different levels in 116 games, with 18 HR in AA in 96 games.
does he have 25+ HR power full time for Boston? 20+? 30+?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 77)

Postby wazzeus » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:55 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:where does Middlebrooks get drafted next season?
in a 16 team league, would he be drafted in the 1st 5 rounds? that would make him a top 80 player?
I'm in a 16 team keeper league that keeps 5 and I'm interested in trading for Middlebrooks. but it would involve trading draft picks where I give up a better pick in next years draft.
I don't think he is a .300+ hitter, but what type of power are we talking about? he has 9 HR with Boston and he had 9 HR in the minors this season. that's a total of 18 HR in 64 games. in 2011 in the minors he had a total of 23 HR in 3 different levels in 116 games, with 18 HR in AA in 96 games.
does he have 25+ HR power full time for Boston? 20+? 30+?

Definite 25-plus HR power (with 100 RBI) with a full season in Beantown. Thirty-plus long term potential. And lots of doubles off the Monster. The average will come down unless he starts walking more.

Not sure he's a top-80 overall guy just yet, but the potential is there. Again, hitting in the middle of a stacked BoSox lineup will only help, and for the most part cover any deficiencies (like BA).
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kab21 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Middlebrooks is a .250-.260 hitter until he starts K'ing less. He's a prime case of a player that is going to struggle now that teams have gotten a look at him. The power is real though.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:36 am

kab21 wrote:Middlebrooks is a .250-.260 hitter until he starts K'ing less. He's a prime case of a player that is going to struggle now that teams have gotten a look at him. The power is real though.

I just went against the grain and traded FOR Middlebrooks (in a dynasty). I think there are little kernels of potential when it comes to his BB/K.....he's not going to be a walk machine but (SSS applies obviously):

AAA: 93 AB, 7/18 BB/K
May: 95 AB, 4/29 BB/K
June: 49 AB, 4/8 BB/K

If he can maintain a .40+ BB/K from now on, that is surprisingly acceptable in the bigs. It's below average, but guys like Carlos Gonzalez are thriving with similar rates.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby wazzeus » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Was replaced in the ninth inning today with "hamstring tightness" after stealing his third base of the season. Hopefully nothing serious, but he won't be in my lineup next week.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby silverZ » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Looks like he's going to end up on the DL?
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:13 pm

now that he is done for the year with a broken wrist, let's discuss his value for next season.

Is he a top 15 3B for next season? His power looks legit and he will still be a that lineup in a good park for him.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers