Crazy WW situation. Need help with rules. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Crazy WW situation. Need help with rules.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Crazy WW situation. Need help with rules.

Postby ron paul for pres » Mon May 07, 2012 12:52 pm

One of the guys in my league just bailed. The decision was made to just cancel his team, and now his entire roster is on the WW:

Darvish, McCutcheon, Posey, Tulo, Garza, Bourn, Longoria, etc.

Obviously, a lot of guys are going to be trying to pick up the same players at the same time. How exactly does this work? I get that you can set your WW priority. But is there some kind of order in which players are chosen? Can you even pick up multiple players automatically? Do you just go to the back of the list and keep going? How in the heck does the computer decide in which order to start handing out players?

My WW priority is 10/12, so I'm not targeting the big dogs. But I might be okay because what I need is SP, and most of the guys paying attention are going to go after the bats.
ron paul for pres
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Crazy WW situation. Need help with rules.

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon May 07, 2012 1:54 pm

ron paul for pres wrote:One of the guys in my league just bailed. The decision was made to just cancel his team, and now his entire roster is on the WW:

Darvish, McCutcheon, Posey, Tulo, Garza, Bourn, Longoria, etc.

Obviously, a lot of guys are going to be trying to pick up the same players at the same time. How exactly does this work? I get that you can set your WW priority. But is there some kind of order in which players are chosen? Can you even pick up multiple players automatically? Do you just go to the back of the list and keep going? How in the heck does the computer decide in which order to start handing out players?

My WW priority is 10/12, so I'm not targeting the big dogs. But I might be okay because what I need is SP, and most of the guys paying attention are going to go after the bats.

You don't mention where you play. I can tell you what I *think* we do, in case you happen to play at Yahoo!

If you are not using FAAB, then we sort the teams by waiver priority. We then go through all the players for each team in turn. So the first guy processed will be the highest priority player for the guy who started out with the top waiver priority. Naturally, he gets that player. Then we look at any other players he put in a claim on, though he's not very likely to get any of them if they are at all contested, because your league likely uses some sort of rolling waiver priority where you lose your priority when you win a claim. After each team, we re-sort the teams based on waiver priority. Repeat until all claimed players are processed.

If you are using FAAB, then bids are processed in order of the bid amount, highest bids first. If there is a tie for bid amount, then the bid from the team with the highest waiver priority is processed first.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Re: Crazy WW situation. Need help with rules.

Postby bigmck » Mon May 07, 2012 11:10 pm

The Owner with Waiver Priority 1 gets his pick and he goes to the bottom of the order. Then the Owner with the Second Highest Priority would get his pick and he goes to the bottom. It keeps going this way until all claims have been handed out. == If Waiver Priority 1 and 2 have the same player, then 1 would get the player and 2 would get his second choice if he had one.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Return to Commissioner's Corner