NL East, who comes out on top. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NL East, who comes out on top.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who wins the east?

Nationals 18-10
26%
Braves 18-11
47%
Mets 15-13
No votes
Marlins 14-14
16%
Phillies 14-15
11%

Total votes : 19

NL East, who comes out on top.

Postby CadensDad » Mon May 07, 2012 10:02 am

Ok, if we asked the question of who would be 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th at this point in the season I doubt any of us would have guessed this order.

Nationals pitching has been above great. Best team ERA in baseball

Braves they are mashing the ball, have scored more runs in baseball than anyone.

Mets 6th best avg in baseball,

Marlins, most sb in baseball

Phillies 7th most hits in baseball

Every team has a chance to win this league imo except the Mets. But who does everyone think will end up winning the East?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL East, who comes out on top.

Postby GAC8666 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 am

This is going to be a great race. Obviously the Nats are on fire right now.. but the fact they arent scoring a ton of runs (14/16 in NL) worries me a bit. Now they are 1st in the NL (2.39 ERA) in pitching but its a young staff and who knows what is going to happen later in the year when they start getting to Starsburgs inning limit.

So right now.. I am going to take a shot and say the Marlins. They just have to much talent not to be better. With Buerhle, and if Johnson can right the ship and Zambrano have not been pitching poorly they have a chance.

But of course I'm sure I will be wrong.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 am

I'm still picking Atlanta here as long as Hanson stays healthy. Philly's offense is miserable, can't trust Washington yet (also offense is shaky), Miami needs JJ to snap out of it, and the Mets are playing excellent with what they have but lack the firepower to win it. Atlanta's offense and bullpen look great, just need to hope Delgado/Minor/Teheran (when he gets called up) can keep their starting pitching afloat throughout the regular season.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby smoovethug » Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 am

Not the Phillies.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby GAC8666 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Marlins hitting a little hot streak in the last week.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I picked PHI with WAS wildcard before the season. After seeing how bad Philly's offense is and how much I believe I underrated Atlanta, I'm revising my pick to ATL with WAS wildcard. I'd pick the Nats to win the division but the injuries on offense are killing them. They got Zimmerman back but now they lose Werth for 12 weeks. Hopefully for their sake (and my fantasy team, who also lost Werth) Morse comes back strong in June.

Mets are playing above their heads, Marlins simply aren't that good IMO and Philly's pitching isn't quite good enough to overcome their atrocious offense. I think they'll make a push late in the year if Howard and Utley come back strong, but I see them falling a few games short of a wildcard.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Ender » Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm

The Nats will come crashing down in the 2nd half, that offense is just terrible and while it is a good rotation it isn't nearly as good as the results have been so far. I went with the Braves
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Return to Baseball Leftovers