Bryce Harper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bryce Harper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bryce Harper

Postby bayside » Tue May 29, 2012 12:54 am

Ender wrote:If I owned him in a non keeper league I couldn't see high on him fast enough.

sell high?
how can you sell high when he hasnt been that great, and its likely he will be better?
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Tue May 29, 2012 7:30 am

bayside wrote:
Ender wrote:If I owned him in a non keeper league I couldn't see high on him fast enough.

...and its likely he will be better?

That's how.

You are still selling his hype. If you are in a redraft and you believe his hype > production for this year then you go ahead and sell while the shine and sparkles are still on him.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby bayside » Tue May 29, 2012 2:17 pm

What kind of return would you realistically expect for him though?
Even in my keeper league I couldnt trade him for anything of value, and I sent out feelers to every manager in the league.

Sorry that the last sentence of my above post was rather unclear ("and its likely he will be better?)
I wasnt asking whether or not it is likely that he will be better.
Rather, i meant that "I think it IS likely he will be better throughout the rest of the season than he has been over his first 28 games (I think he will run more, keep his average up near .300, and I think he hits HR's more often than 1 every 30 PA.) So how is he a sell high?"
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Element » Tue May 29, 2012 2:30 pm

I've made him available in the lone redraft league that I own him in. Not even a nibble. I've had offers for him in my cash league, but I also have him at $6. I'd need to be blown away.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby J35J » Wed May 30, 2012 11:00 am

bayside wrote:What kind of return would you realistically expect for him though?

Then don't trade him. You have to have a buyer in any deal, if you can't sell high, don't.

bayside wrote:Rather, i meant that "I think it IS likely he will be better throughout the rest of the season than he has been over his first 28 games (I think he will run more, keep his average up near .300, and I think he hits HR's more often than 1 every 30 PA.) So how is he a sell high?"

Yeah, I know you meant that he is likely to get better and that is what I meant too...most people think he will get better, add that thought to his already huge hype/potential and you can sell high off of those thoughts. Because there are some...I'm assuming Ender, and me to a certain extent, think he won't get a ton better THIS year...at least not enough to match the hype and the thought that he's going to get a lot better as a 19 year old.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers