Bryce Harper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bryce Harper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bryce Harper

Postby benb18a » Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Dinger #2 - Harper Hype Train has left the station
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mr November » Tue May 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Harper > Pujols. :-?
Mr November
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fielder's Buffet » Tue May 15, 2012 3:53 pm

I got to see (and record) his only AAA homerun off a 93 mph Familia fastball... the crack of the bat was crazy. Turn up the sound if you watch this video. I now know when baseball people say "the sound of the bat is different" for the superstar sluggers. It doesn't mean guaranteed success for Harper as he has to have the ability to consistently square the ball up... but I was impressed and a believer in that special "sound of the bat".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QROduZqCcD8
Youk aka "Yukon Cornelius"ImageImage
Fielder's Buffet
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Izenhart » Tue May 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Fielder's Buffet wrote:I got to see (and record) his only AAA homerun off a 93 mph Familia fastball... the crack of the bat was crazy. Turn up the sound if you watch this video. I now know when baseball people say "the sound of the bat is different" for the superstar sluggers. It doesn't mean guaranteed success for Harper as he has to have the ability to consistently square the ball up... but I was impressed and a believer in that special "sound of the bat".

that's cool, I like your viewpoint.

Also, on the official broadcast we can see you in the replays filming the play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NoyVYMH ... re=related
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby Fielder's Buffet » Wed May 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Haha... yeah - I'm a tv star and forever linked to Harper's homer. Although I look like some evil stalker dude with the hood and jacket ;-D
It was maybe 40 degrees and miserable out there... I can see why Harper is playing much better in the warmer MLB weather (the guy is used to playing in the dessert) . I hated playing early Northeast spring ball back in the day, my hands hurt just thinking about it.
Youk aka "Yukon Cornelius"ImageImage
Fielder's Buffet
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mr November » Wed May 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Fielder's Buffet wrote:I got to see (and record) his only AAA homerun off a 93 mph Familia fastball... the crack of the bat was crazy. Turn up the sound if you watch this video. I now know when baseball people say "the sound of the bat is different" for the superstar sluggers. It doesn't mean guaranteed success for Harper as he has to have the ability to consistently square the ball up... but I was impressed and a believer in that special "sound of the bat".

I was watching the game on TV and thought the same thing. In fact, I wasn't really watching the game, more listening to it and immediately turned around as soon as I heard that crack of the bat with his HR. It was most certainly different.
Mr November
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby BChinly » Sun May 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Even from only seeing that little part of the ball travel, it was absolutely crushed. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't go more than 400ft.
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 116)

Postby Thursday » Sat May 26, 2012 7:12 pm

3rd today.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Quackman » Sun May 27, 2012 1:36 am

I thought Trout was the better of the two when they came up. Now im not so sure. Harper looks really good. Seems to have a pretty good eye and has had some good hits v off-speed/non fastballs. Generally rookies dont get many fastballs so im surprised how good he looks.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby Ender » Mon May 28, 2012 11:54 pm

If I owned him in a non keeper league I couldn't see high on him fast enough.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers