Bryce Harper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bryce Harper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bryce Harper

Postby Izenhart » Fri May 11, 2012 2:44 am

Harper made some mistakes in the field today. On a fly ball over his head he turned the wrong way and lost it, then made a bad decision to try and throw out Tabata at home, allowing McCutchen to advance to second. To be fair it was a ball that wouldn't be expect to be caught by anyone but the best of the best. He's clearly not that great yet as a fielder but he's not sub-par either, save for his inexperience and any mental errors he may make.

Pitchers have been pitching him very well, and he has some hits off of decent hitters pitches. He's going to struggle at times but I do expect his first home run to give him a boost and start a hot streak.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 531)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Bryce Harper

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri May 11, 2012 2:04 pm

The team in my 5 keeper league that has Harper also has miggy, kemp, Votto, Bruce and wieters. They have every intention of keeping harper. Additionally, they're not willing to trade Harper to me for anything less than kershaw. Won't trade him for cj Wilson, won't trade him for Matt Cain.

Much to my dismay, I think they are making the right decision on both accounts.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 405)

Postby GAC8666 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:22 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:The team in my 5 keeper league that has Harper also has miggy, kemp, Votto, Bruce and wieters. They have every intention of keeping harper. Additionally, they're not willing to trade Harper to me for anything less than kershaw. Won't trade him for cj Wilson, won't trade him for Matt Cain.

Much to my dismay, I think they are making the right decision on both accounts.

I think you are making the right call. Cain and Wilson are proven top of the line Aces. Harper is going to be really good but I think its going to take some time.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby converge241 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:42 pm

*giggle*

Bryce Harper needed 10 stitches above his left eye after slamming his bat up against a wall and having it bounce back and hit him in the head.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 121)

Postby Element » Sat May 12, 2012 12:00 am

Wall 1
Bryce 0
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 968)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sat May 12, 2012 12:01 am

converge241 wrote:*giggle*

Bryce Harper needed 10 stitches above his left eye after slamming his bat up against a wall and having it bounce back and hit him in the head.

I saw this on rotoworld and it made me laugh. I haven't checked but imagine there probably isn't any video of this, but it sure would be funny.

Harper took his frustrations out on the wall after making an out in the seventh inning. However, the wall was victorious. Fortunately Harper didn't feel dazed and managed to avoid any serious injury. Nationals manager Davey Johnson hinted that he might have to miss a couple games, but the 19-year-old outfielder doesn't intend to miss any time.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 514)

Postby Mr November » Sat May 12, 2012 12:06 am

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Mr November on Sat May 12, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr November
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Skin Blues » Sat May 12, 2012 12:42 am

converge241 wrote:*giggle*

Somebody needs to hit him with another pitch to make him more mature. That's how it works, right?
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 528)

Postby Ursa » Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 pm

thatguy27 wrote:What do you guys think his first HR ball will be worth? I'm sure there are some rich collectors out there who'd be willing to pay a pretty penny and I'm the kind of person who would take advantage of this. If I caught his first HR ball, I'd keep it and sell it on EBay for top dollar rather than give it back to the team/Harper/the HOF/whatever for an autographed jersey, bat, & ball, and a chance to go down to the clubhouse, meet Bryce, and get my picture taken with him. Maybe that makes me an a-hole, but it's who I am.

We might find out soon - he hit his first dinger of the year tonight.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 24)

Postby thatguy27 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:23 am

Ursa wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:What do you guys think his first HR ball will be worth? I'm sure there are some rich collectors out there who'd be willing to pay a pretty penny and I'm the kind of person who would take advantage of this. If I caught his first HR ball, I'd keep it and sell it on EBay for top dollar rather than give it back to the team/Harper/the HOF/whatever for an autographed jersey, bat, & ball, and a chance to go down to the clubhouse, meet Bryce, and get my picture taken with him. Maybe that makes me an a-hole, but it's who I am.

We might find out soon - he hit his first dinger of the year tonight.

Yup. I'm very interested in seeing how this plays out... Then again maybe it won't be that big of a deal. Who knows.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 42)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers