Bryce Harper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bryce Harper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bryce Harper

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon May 07, 2012 9:39 pm

da bears wrote:Where would you put his value if you have him as a keeper in the 19th round and it will stay that way as long as he is kept? Could you land a Lester type starter or is that not enough in your mind

For the season as long as he stays up I agree with Izenhart's projection, kid has skills and will get at bats. Once Zim gets back that will be a much needed boost

Lester isn't nearly enough in my mind. The sky is really the limit for this kid and a 19th round keeper for a guy who could be a perennial MVP candidate is worth a lot more than a borderline top 20 SP. I'd shoot for Kershaw and go down the list one at a time, if I really wanted to trade him, which I probably wouldn't.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 pm

da bears wrote:Where would you put his value if you have him as a keeper in the 19th round and it will stay that way as long as he is kept? Could you land a Lester type starter or is that not enough in your mind

For the season as long as he stays up I agree with Izenhart's projection, kid has skills and will get at bats. Once Zim gets back that will be a much needed boost

Do not trade him, end of.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby bayside » Tue May 08, 2012 1:06 am

Say youre in a league that allows only 5 keepers, and the season ends today.
Do you keep Harper? Does it even matter who your other candidates are?
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fade2red » Tue May 08, 2012 2:29 am

bayside wrote:Say youre in a league that allows only 5 keepers, and the season ends today.

Yes.

Thanks to The Artful Dodger for the awesome sig!

108-70-14 (2nd/12)

Anyone wanna start a $ keeper/dynasty for 2013? PM me
fade2red
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:22 am

bayside wrote:Say youre in a league that allows only 5 keepers, and the season ends today.

Maybe, and yes.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Harper will be batting 2nd tonight for Washington, in front of the returning Zimmerman.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 77)

Postby chinch sacs » Wed May 09, 2012 12:15 pm

If he stays in the 2 hole all year I think the #'s are 75-8-55-15 .270-ish. lots of doubles. the kid can lace 'em but he is still growing into his body. the HR's will come next year and even more at 21-22.

not a bad player in redrafts, but there are plenty of guys that can do those 5x5 #'s, Rios for instance. Keeper league? top 15-20 keeper in my eyes.
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BJSFAN123 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:36 pm

What's with his stats in the minors this year? I know he's doing well right now obviously, but only 3 rbi and a .250 avg in 20 games before being called up. Not exactly a lot of ABs to go off though, but gotta wonder if he's gonna start struggling soon...see the same thing with a lot of young guys in the majors when they first get called.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thatguy27 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:31 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:What's with his stats in the minors this year? I know he's doing well right now obviously, but only 3 rbi and a .250 avg in 20 games before being called up. Not exactly a lot of ABs to go off though, but gotta wonder if he's gonna start struggling soon...see the same thing with a lot of young guys in the majors when they first get called.

I would chalk it up to a small sample size. He began the season in a slump, and had actually begun to heat up a bit in his final few AAA games prior to getting the call. Slumps to begin the season look a lot worse than mid-season slumps, obviously (just as hot streaks to begin the season look a lot better than hot streaks mid-season--see Chris Shelton). This is actually something that a lot of fantasy owners overlook, and it often causes undue panic,or in the case of hot starts, undue euphoria, both which can lead to rash (and usually awful) decisions.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ender » Wed May 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Where would you put his value if you have him as a keeper in the 19th round and it will stay that way as long as he is kept? Could you land a Lester type starter or is that not enough in your mind

It would take an established 1st or 2nd round player who also is kept at a significant discount and who isn't over like 31. If you had say CarGo kept as a 10th rounder I'd take that over Harper in the 19th as an example. I'd just rather have the sure thing and I tend to value sooner more than later. But I wouldn't trade him for someone like say Fielder kept as a 3rd rounder.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers