3B: Wright
SS: Reyes
LF: Cargo
CF: Victorino
RF: Choo
Util: Teixiera
BN: Encarnacion, A. Dunn
DL: Utley

SP: Lincecum, Sabathia, Grienke, Lester, U. Jiminez, J. Santana, Bedard, J. Parker, Lilly, B. Mcarthy (We have 5 SP spots in this league and carry between 8-10 SP per team)
RP: Balfour, J. Johnson, Gregerson, A. Reed

The Deal: Teixiera and Sabathia for Verlander and Beltran

I realize it's a lot to give, which is why I pose the question. I feel like I'm giving more raw value in the deal, but I think it makes my team stronger which is why I'm considering it. Verlander is a slight upgrade from Sabathia and is a few years younger which I like in a keeper. The difference between Teixiera and Beltran is obviously fairly large, however, I could use a RF as Choo isn't cutting it and Beltran has been great and I could easily plug in A. Dunn or E5 in my utility spot that are now being wasted on the bench in any given day.

Thoughts?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Verlander Deal

Postby pangbones » Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 pm

I like it for this year, not so much for next year. I do think it's worth it for this year though. You won't miss a beat with E5/Dunn at Util. I do believe Choo will rebound though. But I agree your lineup will improve with this move. And Keeping Verlander is a plus.

Heres mine
viewtopic.php?t=446167
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Seanyfever » Sun May 06, 2012 1:21 pm

I am playing for this year. I like it. Lots can happen in that time. Its looking plausible that Edwin could produce Tex numbers. Dunn could even be Tex without a little average.

Lend me a hand
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=446189
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)

Postby pokerplaya » Sun May 06, 2012 3:57 pm

pangbones wrote:I like it for this year, not so much for next year. I do think it's worth it for this year though. You won't miss a beat with E5/Dunn at Util. I do believe Choo will rebound though. But I agree your lineup will improve with this move. And Keeping Verlander is a plus.

Heres mine
viewtopic.php?t=446167

I think at face value it doesn't seem good for long term, but I think it is better than it seems. I like Verlander over Sabathia long term (and short term, but definitely long term) and while Teixiera is clearly a notch above Beltran, even if I don't keep Beltran next year it allows me to keep someone else as I have many viable keepers.

Thanks for the response.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cfrat24 » Sun May 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks for your help on mine....

I would make this deal if I was you
cfrat24
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Sun May 06, 2012 6:32 pm

I like this trade a lot for you. You have an obvious momentary problem at RF which you solve. You don't lose too much Util production as EE/Dunn will produce nicely. And you gain in SP. Good trade overall.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby billycent » Sun May 06, 2012 7:45 pm

I'd try and solve your RF woes elsewhere as I don't see Verlander as a steep enough upgrade over CC to pull the trigger. Howabout try and move a combo of Encarnacion or Dunn w/Choo for an upgrade. Your gonna miss Tex when he starts mashing in about a month and finishes w/35-40. I'd be very excited if I were the other owner in this 1. Thnx for the help on mine.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Sun May 06, 2012 8:09 pm

billycent wrote:I'd try and solve your RF woes elsewhere as I don't see Verlander as a steep enough upgrade over CC to pull the trigger. Howabout try and move a combo of Encarnacion or Dunn w/Choo for an upgrade. Your gonna miss Tex when he starts mashing in about a month and finishes w/35-40. I'd be very excited if I were the other owner in this 1. Thnx for the help on mine.

Actually I had almost the same exact thoughts and concerns.

2 weeks ago I tried to package E5 and Choo for Bruce to the owner who had his 3B go down with an injury but got rebuffed instantly.

That being said, I'm tired of losing this production to the bench and this seems like the best offer I can get. I was actually surprised when it seemed like almost unanimously the Cafe liked my side of the deal. I expected a lot more dissent.

I'm rather torn about the whole situation at the moment.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Botts89 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:17 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
pangbones wrote:I like it for this year, not so much for next year. I do think it's worth it for this year though. You won't miss a beat with E5/Dunn at Util. I do believe Choo will rebound though. But I agree your lineup will improve with this move. And Keeping Verlander is a plus.

Heres mine
viewtopic.php?t=446167

I think at face value it doesn't seem good for long term, but I think it is better than it seems. I like Verlander over Sabathia long term (and short term, but definitely long term) and while Teixiera is clearly a notch above Beltran, even if I don't keep Beltran next year it allows me to keep someone else as I have many viable keepers.

Thanks for the response.

I agree 100% with this. Take the trade and move Edwin up for now but know that Edwin has always been very streaky so you may need a temporary replacement for him from time to time.
Botts89
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby islandflyfisher » Sun May 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Instead of overpaying for Beltran with the trade mentioned, maybe you could use your bench guy/Choo package to overpay for a lesser upgrade in right, or flip one of your bench guys for a similar caliber player that plays RF.
islandflyfisher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions