Cruz and AJ for Wieters and Gardner? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Cruz and AJ for Wieters and Gardner?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cruz and AJ for Wieters and Gardner?

Postby pjtroy34 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:16 am

12team, H2H weekly 6x6 roto; additional cats of BB-KO hitting, L, SV+HD.
C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, (4) OF, UTIL, (4) SP, (2) RP, (1) P, (8) BENCH
can keep 10 players, move up 2 rounds from the previous year.

The other owner needs OF badly (he does have Ellsbury) and I could use a little speed.
Is this a trade worth offering or is it an insult to the other owner? I'm so down on Cruz right now I have no idea what his market is.

Lineup

C: Pierzynski
1B: Votto
2B: Pedroia
SS: Bonifacio
3B: Lawrie
OF: Stanton
OF: Cruz
OF: Pence
OF: Willingham
DH: Hosmer

SP: Hamels
SP: Cueto
SP: Luebke
SP: Garza
P: Ogando
RP: Mariano
RP: Hanrahan

BN: Kendrys
BN: Alexei
BN: Belt
BN: Wainwright
BN: M. Moore
BN: Casilla
BN: Nicasio
BN: Storen

DL: VMart (have to be on DL60 to use DL slot)
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cruz and AJ for Wieters and Gardner?

Postby Bonger » Sat May 05, 2012 10:33 am

As a Cruz owner, I feel your pain. However, when Cruz is hitting he is one of the best in the game.

You are selling low on Cruz and the other owner should realize that. I think it is a perfectly acceptable offer. If he needs power this may be a no brainer for him.
Bonger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wiserman20 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:02 am

You definitely win on the C side, but with Gardner being hurt this year and ranked below Cruz, there's a lot of risk on that end. Not to mention Gardner has always been in a platoon setting so he'll see less games than Cruz (if you take injuries out).

If you believe Cruz and his injuries won't significantly outperform him and/or you need the SB's that bad, go with it.

The risk on your end is if AJ maintains his current production and Cruz gets in a groove for a solid year. If that happens you lose on this by far in my book.
Wiserman20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cfrat24 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:26 pm

thanks for your help on mine viewtopic.php?f=26&t=446119

I would probably make this deal. I am so frustrated with cruz as well.....and Im high on weiters. I see him hitting 25 hrs, and if cruz hits more than 30 I would be SHOCKED at this rate. Gardner seems to be on his way back, and should be a valuable asset for your OF.

I would make this deal
cfrat24
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Postby majawi85 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:30 pm

It's a fair deal and I would definitely make it - as a Wieters owner in 2 leagues I can tell you that you would be very happy with him. Agree with the sentiment on Cruz - when he's hot he's HOT, but he seems pretty streaky. Careful with Gardner though, could be a down year with him.

Would appreciate help on mine: viewtopic.php?t=446120
majawi85
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby yanks2327 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Definitely not an insult to the other owner. I do like your side though - I think the positive differential that you're gaining w wieters over AJ is greater than you'll lose between Cruz and Gardner.

I think Cruz is going to rebound, but will still have somewhat of a down year, and Gardner is looking to be healthy and coming back in the next few days. And if you need speed, and can absorb a little power loss then he's the guy you want.

Thanks for help w mine.
yanks2327
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wazzeus » Sat May 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Not an insult at all. And I see the gap between Cruz and Gardner to be just as significant as the one from Wieters to Pierzynski. By the way, Cruz may be streaky, but Wieters historically is as well.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RyeWhiskey » Sat May 05, 2012 6:15 pm

I'd make this deal as you could use the speed and Wieters is a nice haul.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LittleTree » Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm a lifetime Rangers fan so I may be a little biased, but this looks like a tough trade. I traded Cruz before the season began and it has worked out for me so far, but after watching him play every year, this early season slump is not out of the ordinary. I would not be surprised, as a matter of fact I expect him to go on a white-hot streak very soon because that is what he does every year. I''m not a fan of Gardner or Pierzinski so I would concentrate on Wieters and Cruz alone. Wieters is young and on the upswing and he definitely could break out this season, but I believe Cruz is in his prime and although he is one of the most streaky players in baseball, when he is hot he can win matchups for you by his production alone. If I were you I would ask yourself who is going to have better numbers at the end of the season, Wieters or Cruz and then pick that side of the trade. If you trade Nelly now you are trading at the absolute low point for him. If I were you, I'd hold onto Cruz, at least until after he goes on a hot streak because he will finish the year at .280-30 HR-90 RBI-15 steals. I hope this helps.

Could you help me with mine? Thanks

viewtopic.php?t=446112
LittleTree
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 26)

Postby Martain » Sun May 06, 2012 11:06 pm

I'm probably countering with a trade involving someone who isn't hurt. Giving up Cruz/AJ (who I really don't like the rest of the year) for Wieters/A Solid Hitter (doesn't have to be OF--i might even try for another SS (buy low on Jimmy Rollins?)) is a good deal for you. Someone comparable to Kendrys Morales would be good instead of Gardner.

help? - viewtopic.php?t=446190
Martain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions