Deal Kendrys for Berkman in Keeper? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Deal Kendrys for Berkman in Keeper?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Deal Kendrys for Berkman in Keeper?

Postby pjtroy34 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

12team, H2H weekly 6x6 roto; additional cats of BB-KO hitting, L, SV+HD.
C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, (4) OF, UTIL, (4) SP, (2) RP, (1) P, (8) BENCH
can keep 10 players, move up 2 rounds from the previous year.

My offense so far has just been brutal, despite thinking it would be a strength prior to the season...too many young hitters struggline and Votto and Pedroia doing very little to stabilize it.

The Berkman owner wants Kendrys to be his 1B so he can slide EE to 3rd while Longo is out. Kendrys can be kept next year in the 18th (then 16th and finally 14th) if worth it...would if he started showing power.

Berkman comes with OF eligibility allowing me to bench Willingham, Stanton, or Cruz if needed.
Kendrys rots on my bench since Scioscia doesn't play him every day and I have Hosmer clogging DH.

The additional category of KO-BB allows Nelson Cruz and Stanton to destroy me week in and week out, with no positive counting stats to date. Berkman should help there too.

Any reason not to do this?

The only other players on his team he may consider dealing are Alex Gordon, Melky, or Parra.

Lineup
C: Pierzynski
1B: Votto
2B: Pedroia
SS: Bonifacio
3B: Lawrie
OF: Stanton
OF: Cruz
OF: Pence
OF: Willingham
DH: Hosmer

SP: Hamels
SP: Cueto
SP: Luebke
SP: Garza
P: Ogando
RP: Mariano
RP: Hanrahan

BN: Kendrys
BN: Alexei
BN: Belt
BN: Wainwright
BN: M. Moore
BN: Casilla
BN: Nicasio
BN: Storen

DL: VMart (have to be on DL60 to use DL slot)
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deal Kendrys for Berkman in Keeper?

Postby nyr199435 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 pm

The only reason not to do this is the obvious fact that nobody knows how much Berkman has left in the tank. But if, as you said, Morales is a bench player for you, and you could use the flexibility to bench your other OFs when need be, then why not? You're not losing a starting lineup player, and you're gaining some depth at a position you could use some help at.
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed May 02, 2012 3:04 pm

I think Morales won't be rotting on people's benches by June, and I also think he'll be a better keeper option than Berkman by year's end. However, I think Berkman should get similar stats to Morales and therefore, if you're not hung up on keepers, Berkman is a fine acquisition. Just be ready to deal with the bumps and bruises that he'll likely go through during the season compared to Morales.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby The Thrill » Wed May 02, 2012 3:53 pm

H2H weekly 6x6 roto (is this H2H or roto?) With additional cats being BB:KO, L, SV+HD? That looks like 3 additional cats to me making this like 6x7 or something. :-/

Sorry, tried running baseballmonster analysis to help advise, but I'm not totally sure I'm understanding. Which is common for me. I often get confused. :-X :-b

If the other team is seriously willing to deal either Alex Gordon or Melky Cabrera for Morales, I would do that before taking on Lance Berkman. In a keeper, I'd rather have either of those two.
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby pjtroy34 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:51 pm

The Thrill wrote:H2H weekly 6x6 roto (is this H2H or roto?) With additional cats being BB:KO, L, SV+HD? That looks like 3 additional cats to me making this like 6x7 or something. :-/

We play (1) team per week, winner of each category gets (1) win...so (12) games on the line each week.
BB-KO is additional hitting category.
L is the additional pitching category.
SV is modified to be SV+HD.

The Thrill wrote:If the other team is seriously willing to deal either Alex Gordon or Melky Cabrera for Morales, I would do that before taking on Lance Berkman. In a keeper, I'd rather have either of those two.

I'm not entirely sure they'd make that swap. Those are just the only players I see on his roster that would be question marks...all others I either wouldn't want or we surely wouldn't deal.

If Kendrys only plays DH all year, which I expect him to, he'll be an 18th round DH next year. Good value, but he isn't playing everyday and I have a logjam...having players that play for the Sciosciapath is about as frustrating as dealing with Bochy. I can hold and hope another team that needs 1B help comes begging, but it isn't likely in our league.

Also, if VMart screws this up for me and comes back this year and only plays DH I'll have a 17th round DH too.
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions