Comparing Fantasy Baseball Services - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Comparing Fantasy Baseball Services

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Comparing Fantasy Baseball Services

Postby aperritano » Wed May 02, 2012 5:59 am

My league has been frustrated with Yahoo this year, although we've been using their free service for 8 or 9 years now. We experience a lot of freezing up of the real time data, etc. We are wondering if other services like CBS or ESPN are experiencing the same thing (ie, is it an MLB thing, or just a Yahoo thing). Any users out there of these othr systems experiencing similar frustrating delays?
aperritano
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Comparing Fantasy Baseball Services

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 02, 2012 11:29 am

aperritano wrote:My league has been frustrated with Yahoo this year, although we've been using their free service for 8 or 9 years now. We experience a lot of freezing up of the real time data, etc. We are wondering if other services like CBS or ESPN are experiencing the same thing (ie, is it an MLB thing, or just a Yahoo thing). Any users out there of these othr systems experiencing similar frustrating delays?

I believe this is the first I've heard of such a thing. Can you elaborate on the problems you're having?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby aperritano » Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Yeah for instance, the other CJ Wilson was pitching the other day on my team. He was clearly not on the bench. But Stat tracker (ST) listed him as on the bench and his points not in the total for the team and not in the total for the standings that day. However his points were actually in the totals on the web page etc.... This has been happening alot. And not just to me but others in my league. Its hard to trust the data.
aperritano
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu May 03, 2012 9:54 am

aperritano wrote:Yeah for instance, the other CJ Wilson was pitching the other day on my team. He was clearly not on the bench. But Stat tracker (ST) listed him as on the bench and his points not in the total for the team and not in the total for the standings that day. However his points were actually in the totals on the web page etc.... This has been happening alot. And not just to me but others in my league. Its hard to trust the data.

When you see this happen, are the players slow to update? Update in fits and starts? Or they just don't update at all?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby aperritano » Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 am

dont update at all.
aperritano
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby GAC8666 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 am

I have been interested in this as well. I have only used Yahoo (for all sports) but I really like CBS' fantasy news page. I think they have a ton more information, articles, videos and analysis. Yahoo is lacking when it comes to that IMO.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Assistant Genie » Thu May 03, 2012 11:27 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
aperritano wrote:Yeah for instance, the other CJ Wilson was pitching the other day on my team. He was clearly not on the bench. But Stat tracker (ST) listed him as on the bench and his points not in the total for the team and not in the total for the standings that day. However his points were actually in the totals on the web page etc.... This has been happening alot. And not just to me but others in my league. Its hard to trust the data.

When you see this happen, are the players slow to update? Update in fits and starts? Or they just don't update at all?

Just to clarify, you had Wilson in your team's starting lineup but StatTracker had him on your bench?
Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby aperritano » Thu May 03, 2012 12:01 pm

correct
aperritano
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Assistant Genie » Thu May 03, 2012 12:04 pm

aperritano wrote:correct

Did you change your roster after loading StatTracker?
Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby aperritano » Thu May 03, 2012 12:11 pm

no. the roster was actually set hours before. some people in the league have had similar instances. closing ST and restarting it didnt fix it.
aperritano
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner