Who are the next rookies due up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who are the next rookies due up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun May 20, 2012 12:37 am

more on Matt Adams.
The Cardinals pulled Adams from his Triple-A game in Memphis in the fourth inning nearly immediately after Lance Berkman's knee injury Saturday night, the Cardinals' official site reports.

Recommendation: Adams has been considered the Cardinals' first baseman of the future, but for the notion that Allen Craig will need to play first base to avoid injury in the field. He and Matt Carpenter could share time at first base if Berkman needs to go on the DL.
(Rotowire.com)

if Berkman's injury was bad enough to where he needed to go on the DL again, what is more likely. Craig/Carpenter at 1B, or Matt Adams called up? why would they pull Carpenter from his minor league game in the 4th inning right after Berkman's injury if he was not the one to come up? and I would think if your calling up a prospect like Adams it's not to sit him on the bench and occupy a roster spot.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby clevername » Sun May 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Craig is on the DL, too.

Carpenter is already up, but can play almost anywhere. He'll be the 1b if Adams doesn't come up, but if Adams does come up they could split time and Carpenter can still be the super utility guy spelling Freese at 3rd. I imagine if Adams is coming up it's just until Craig or Berkman comes off the DL unless he just tears it up and makes his case to stick around. He still would struggle for PT once Berkman and/or Craig comes back.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby sfjb » Sun May 20, 2012 12:41 pm

I know he's got his own thread, but Bauer's first game in the PCL went well. A few more games like this at AAA and then it's just a matter of which D-back pitcher struggles first before he gets his call.
sfjb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Thursday » Sun May 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Rizzo may be getting the call shortly, via Rotoworld:

Cubs manager Dale Sveum said he will talk to team president Theo Epstein and general manager Jed Hoyer about the possibility of bringing Anthony Rizzo up in June.
Not surprisingly, Sveum notes that if Rizzo is promoted, he'll have to play regularly. That likely means a move to the outfield for Bryan LaHair. Rizzo is crushing Triple-A pitching this season to the tune of a .353/.418/.706 batting line with 14 homers and 39 RBI. Of course, he mashed in the minors last year, as well, before struggling in the bigs. Still, he'd be worth an immediate add in mixed leagues if promoted.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Montana168 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Any chance Brad Peacock gets the call for tomorrow's game? With McCarthy going to the DL, the A's need another starter. Speculation is that Graham Godfrey, who has been lights out in AAA since his demotion, will be the one recalled since he was pulled early from his friday start after 3.2 IP and it was not because of injury or ineffectiveness. I find it interesting that the A's have yet to announce the starter for tomorrow. FWIW, Peacock's scheduled 5th day start is tomorrow so he would be able to transition to the big league rotation on normal rest, whereas Godfrey would be pitching tomorrow on 4 days rest.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tennessee Jed » Tue May 22, 2012 12:24 am

Montana168 wrote:Any chance Brad Peacock gets the call for tomorrow's game? With McCarthy going to the DL, the A's need another starter. Speculation is that Graham Godfrey, who has been lights out in AAA since his demotion, will be the one recalled since he was pulled early from his friday start after 3.2 IP and it was not because of injury or ineffectiveness. I find it interesting that the A's have yet to announce the starter for tomorrow. FWIW, Peacock's scheduled 5th day start is tomorrow so he would be able to transition to the big league rotation on normal rest, whereas Godfrey would be pitching tomorrow on 4 days rest.

Announcers just confirmed it's Godfrey. Wish it was Peacock thought, I have him stashed in my dynasty league and could really use an extra starter
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue May 22, 2012 8:28 am

No demotion for Middlebrooks!!

Look for AGon to get OF time now that Ross is hurt. Youk will play 1B and DH while the the uber-stud Middlebrooks stays at 3B.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby bayside » Tue May 22, 2012 10:52 pm

sfjb wrote:I know he's got his own thread, but Bauer's first game in the PCL went well. A few more games like this at AAA and then it's just a matter of which D-back pitcher struggles first before he gets his call.

when do you guys expect Bauer to get the call? a week? a month?
Hes still a FA in my main keeper and im debating whether to pick him up now and play with a short bench for a few weeks, or risk waiting a bit longer
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wazzeus » Tue May 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Rizzo's got to be up soon. Went 3-for-5 tonight with his 15th homer, five runs (yes, five) and three RBI. He's going to get bored or complacent if he isn't challenged soon.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tennessee Jed » Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 pm

bayside wrote:
sfjb wrote:I know he's got his own thread, but Bauer's first game in the PCL went well. A few more games like this at AAA and then it's just a matter of which D-back pitcher struggles first before he gets his call.

when do you guys expect Bauer to get the call? a week? a month?
Hes still a FA in my main keeper and im debating whether to pick him up now and play with a short bench for a few weeks, or risk waiting a bit longer

I'd pick him up and stash him. In fact, I already did :-D . I say 2-3 more starts at AAA and he gets the call; that is if those 2-3 starts are decent. I was happy to see he only issued 1 BB in his last start, hopefully he keeps that up.
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers