Who are the next rookies due up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who are the next rookies due up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby AHF » Fri May 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Saltydog wrote:From MLBTraderumors.
[url]
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/10/n ... tatus.html[/url]

Early in the 2009 season, before Wieters made his MLB debut, I explained why the Orioles might delay his callup until early June. "He won't accumulate more than 126 days service time. This would likely prevent him from becoming a Super Two and would likely save the Orioles millions of dollars in years ahead." As frustrating as it can be for fans to wait while MLB-ready prospects play in the minors, the Orioles weren't going to contend no matter what in 2009 and they are undoubtedly better off paying Wieters $500K than $3MM in 2012.

So how do they already know the deadline has passed this year before the middle of May when the Orioles could only say in early June that it would "likely" prevent him from becoming a Super Two. Are these two different things or has the rule changed?
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballisbetter.com » Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Will Myers promoted to Triple A.
The promotion comes at the right time for Myers, who has six homers in his last 10 games at Double-A. For the season, he's batting .343 with a .414 OBP, .731 slugging percentage, 1.146 OPS, 13 homers and 30 RBI in 35 games. He's back folks. After a down season in 2011 due to injury, Myers is healthy in 2012 and is once again hitting like a top prospect. If he doesn't slow down at Triple-A, then a promotion to the majors could be in the cards later this summer. Myers remains a viable long-term Fantasy keeper and could be worth stashing in deeper seasonal formats, particularly AL-only.

He has catcher eligibility in yahoo. Something to keep an eye on.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby Smileyman9 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Depending on your league and depth, I'd keep an eye on Boston and Lavarnway. Just rumor rumblings at the moment, but the Nationals and Angels are both scouting Shoppach. If he gets moved, Lavarnway would get the nod.
Smileyman9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby converge241 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:03 pm

rotoworld

Blue Jays purchased the contract of C-1B Yan Gomes from Triple-A Las Vegas.
Gomes was hitting .359 with a .956 OPS, five home runs and 22 RBI in 33 games this season at the Triple-A level. The 24-year-old former 10th-round pick should see a good amount of playing time behind the plate and at first base, and may be worth grabbing in deeper mixed fantasy leagues. He's the first Brazilian-born player in the history of Major League Baseball.'

He gets the call with Lind being dropkicked. He has C eligibility in ESPN at least.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 17, 2012 2:14 pm

converge241 wrote:rotoworld

Blue Jays purchased the contract of C-1B Yan Gomes from Triple-A Las Vegas.
Gomes was hitting .359 with a .956 OPS, five home runs and 22 RBI in 33 games this season at the Triple-A level. The 24-year-old former 10th-round pick should see a good amount of playing time behind the plate and at first base, and may be worth grabbing in deeper mixed fantasy leagues. He's the first Brazilian-born player in the history of Major League Baseball.'

He gets the call with Lind being dropkicked. He has C eligibility in ESPN at least.

IF he can get playing time he has good potential.
or he could end up struggling worse than Lind. with his AVG of .359 this year in AAA he also has .420 BABIP. lucky.
along with the 5 HR and 22 RBI he also has 26 K and 6 walks.
he could get some playing time at 3B when Lawrie sits with his suspension.
if/when he struggles Travis Snider might be an option. Snider has 5 HR and 16 RBI in 25 games compared to 33 games for Gomes. Snider missed some time after he hurt his wrist, and since coming back from injuring his wrist he is only 1 for 18.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 77)

Postby converge241 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:19 pm

That's why hes a better pickup in deeper mixed like the article said (or really AL)

And Snider isnt the only player that could come up and impact 1B/DH (and well Catcher..) D'Aranarud (i know spelling is wrong ;))
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby converge241 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Gomes starting at 3B today for the Jays
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Y`s Guy » Fri May 18, 2012 8:05 pm

converge241 wrote:Gomes starting at 3B today for the Jays

Gomes jacked one tonight!
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby converge241 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Yaaaan Buddy!!
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun May 20, 2012 12:00 am

Matt Adams.

The Cardinals pulled first base prospect Matt Adams from a game at Triple-A Memphis Saturday night.
Adams is likely to be promoted to the major leagues if Lance Berkman (knee) needs a stint on the disabled list. The 23-year-old is batting .338/.373/.597 with nine homers and 27 RBI through 36 games this season at the Triple-A level. He launched 32 homers last year at Double-A. Scoop him up in deeper mixed fantasy leagues.

last year at AA..
.300/.357/.566/.923/ 32 HR, 101 RBI
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 77)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers