Who are the next rookies due up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who are the next rookies due up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby Bwanna » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:51 am

Mike Olt up. Brandon Snyder down to Round Rock.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby The_Show » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:12 am

I picked him up although I don't need a 3B. Anyone know how much he'll play? I expect the Rangers didn't call him up from AA just to ride the pine, but Beltre isn't going anywhere.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 am

The_Show wrote:I picked him up although I don't need a 3B. Anyone know how much he'll play? I expect the Rangers didn't call him up from AA just to ride the pine, but Beltre isn't going anywhere.

assuming he will get enough ab's between DH/1B? with Napoli catching more maybe? Can he play LF?
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:01 am

According to Jeff Fletcher of Bay Bridge Baseball, the Athletics are calling up prospect Dan Straily.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 124)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:01 am

Havok1517 wrote:According to Jeff Fletcher of Bay Bridge Baseball, the Athletics are calling up prospect Dan Straily.
I just came.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:23 am

Whoever struggles over the next week or two could be riding the pine quite a bit, which could likely be Michael Young. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him on the bench for most righties they face, and I doubt they'll play him over Napoli agaisnt lefties. Olt hasn't shown any platoon splits in AA so I think they'll want him in there most of the time while Moreland will still be a platoon starter agaisnt righties. They have so many hitters, they don't know what to do with them. Oh yeah and they also have the #1 prospect in baseball sitting in AA as well.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby BigZ38 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Havok1517 wrote:According to Jeff Fletcher of Bay Bridge Baseball, the Athletics are calling up prospect Dan Straily.

Dangit! Why does Yahoo not have these guys in the database? I'm positive I a going to miss out on Olt now, maybe less so on Straily.

Also just looked, Lawrie didn't play his first game until August 5th last year, so grabbing these guys and hoping for a breakout is certainly a valuable strategy right now, especially in keeper leagues where your team might be toast (I have one of those teams)
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mr November » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 pm

BigZ38 wrote:

Dangit! Why does Yahoo not have these guys in the database? I'm positive I a going to miss out on Olt now, maybe less so on Straily.

Also just looked, Lawrie didn't play his first game until August 5th last year, so grabbing these guys and hoping for a breakout is certainly a valuable strategy right now, especially in keeper leagues where your team might be toast (I have one of those teams)

ESPN doesn't have him either, FWIW. Which is strange, because I can't remember the last time someone wasn't in ESPN's database.
Mr November
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Mr November wrote:
BigZ38 wrote:

ESPN doesn't have him either, FWIW. Which is strange, because I can't remember the last time someone wasn't in ESPN's database.
This is exactly what I was thinking two hours ago. Bizarre.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby Mr November » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Mr November wrote:
BigZ38 wrote:

This is exactly what I was thinking two hours ago. Bizarre.

From twitter:
Emailed ESPN to ask when they'd add Straily & they said anyone with no chance to make opening day roster is added when they debut

That is beyond stupid. On the plus side I can add Pat Burrell, who retired months ago.
Mr November
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers