Who are the next rookies due up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who are the next rookies due up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby Inukchuk » Tue May 01, 2012 6:21 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:yahoo only has him [Will Myers] listed at catcher.


That's odd. I might be mistaken, but I don't think he's been behind the plate since 2010. If he does get called up, we could have the next Yahoo/Colston/TE glitch on our hands...
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby saemick » Tue May 01, 2012 9:55 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:The Red Sox 3B uber stud Will Middlebrooks is getting a lot of buzz and Youkilis is a hurtin' old geezer.

Maybe Will.


Unfortunately the Sox just recalled Jose Iglesias, so not sure if we'll see Middlebrooks anytime soon
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1924
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 16 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue May 01, 2012 10:09 pm

saemick wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:The Red Sox 3B uber stud Will Middlebrooks is getting a lot of buzz and Youkilis is a hurtin' old geezer.

Maybe Will.


Unfortunately the Sox just recalled Jose Iglesias, so not sure if we'll see Middlebrooks anytime soon

I heard Middlebrooks injured his thumb over the weekend. Probably why he didn't get the call right now.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2553
(Past Year: 154)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby BChinly » Wed May 02, 2012 3:25 am

SpecialFNK wrote:
BChinly wrote:Can't wait till Wil Myers gets pulled up. He's tearing up AA. .349/.402/.663/18R/6HR/15RBIs/3SB

what position is he playing in the minors? I see that he came up as a catcher, but has since moved to the OF? yahoo only has him listed at catcher.
how would he get the call? would say Francouer have to be traded? I assume right now they're going with a healthy OF of Gordon/Cain/Francouer.

He's been getting time in CF, so if Cain gets reinjured or if him or Francouer get cold he might get some time :)
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 457
(Past Year: 124)
Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby Tavish » Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 am

BChinly wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:
BChinly wrote:Can't wait till Wil Myers gets pulled up. He's tearing up AA. .349/.402/.663/18R/6HR/15RBIs/3SB

what position is he playing in the minors? I see that he came up as a catcher, but has since moved to the OF? yahoo only has him listed at catcher.
how would he get the call? would say Francouer have to be traded? I assume right now they're going with a healthy OF of Gordon/Cain/Francouer.

He's been getting time in CF, so if Cain gets reinjured or if him or Francouer get cold he might get some time :)

It's doubtful he sees much if any time in CF once he gets out of AA. The Royals have several noodle arm track stars and Maier that cover CF while Cain is hurt.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11067
(Past Year: 34)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby Saltydog » Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 am

FWIW from CBS,

WEEI.com reports an industry source said Red Sox prospect Will Middlebrooks might be promoted to the majors are early as Wednesday. Middlebrooks jammed his thumb over the weekend playing for Triple-A Pawtucket, but he returned to the lineup Tuesday and has been deemed healthy enough for a promotion. The Red Sox promoted infielder Jose Iglesias to the majors on Tuesday with third baseman Kevin Youkilis battling a back injury.


Youkilis was swinging a bat on deck in the 9th presumably to go R/L vs. Nortberto in the 9th. Lars Anderson ended up batting and striking out. I don't think Bobby sends Anderson up to go L/L unless Youk couldn't go.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 760
(Past Year: 142)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby sfjb » Wed May 02, 2012 11:01 am

Saltydog wrote:FWIW from CBS,

WEEI.com reports an industry source said Red Sox prospect Will Middlebrooks might be promoted to the majors are early as Wednesday. Middlebrooks jammed his thumb over the weekend playing for Triple-A Pawtucket, but he returned to the lineup Tuesday and has been deemed healthy enough for a promotion. The Red Sox promoted infielder Jose Iglesias to the majors on Tuesday with third baseman Kevin Youkilis battling a back injury.


Youkilis was swinging a bat on deck in the 9th presumably to go R/L vs. Nortberto in the 9th. Lars Anderson ended up batting and striking out. I don't think Bobby sends Anderson up to go L/L unless Youk couldn't go.



Youk was sent up on deck as a Deek to keep the righty Balfour on the bump and try and get the R/L matchup for Anderson...nothing more, he's wasn't able to go. It didn't work and Oak went with Noberto.
sfjb
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 194
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby Saltydog » Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 am

sfjb wrote:
Saltydog wrote:FWIW from CBS,

WEEI.com reports an industry source said Red Sox prospect Will Middlebrooks might be promoted to the majors are early as Wednesday. Middlebrooks jammed his thumb over the weekend playing for Triple-A Pawtucket, but he returned to the lineup Tuesday and has been deemed healthy enough for a promotion. The Red Sox promoted infielder Jose Iglesias to the majors on Tuesday with third baseman Kevin Youkilis battling a back injury.


Youkilis was swinging a bat on deck in the 9th presumably to go R/L vs. Nortberto in the 9th. Lars Anderson ended up batting and striking out. I don't think Bobby sends Anderson up to go L/L unless Youk couldn't go.



Youk was sent up on deck as a Deek to keep the righty Balfour on the bump and try and get the R/L matchup for Anderson...nothing more, he's wasn't able to go. It didn't work and Oak went with Noberto.


Good catch. Either way, I'm going to the game tonight and will be interested in seeing if Middlebrooks is there.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 760
(Past Year: 142)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Middlebrooks is coming!
AAA this season - .348/.396/.708/1.104/ 9 HR/ 18 RBI
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5000
(Past Year: 103)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who are the next rookies due up?

Postby thedude » Wed May 02, 2012 7:11 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:Middlebrooks is coming!
AAA this season - .348/.396/.708/1.104/ 9 HR/ 18 RBI



;-D Middlebrooks has been hot to start the year. He is also a superior defensive third baseman, so the pitchers shouldn't be complaining.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: twistedude and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact