Solid Team or Make Changes? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Solid Team or Make Changes? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Solid Team or Make Changes? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 pm

After some deals to plug injuries, I am curious where my team stands going forward. I am obviously not in a good saves situation, but I am really playing to beat the teams with no closers in that category since it is feast or famine in our league (at least 3 teams have no closers at all). Otherwise, any candidates to move for anything in particular? An owner was hungry for Harper but I'd only package him if I got something amazing.

12 Team H2H Daily with 6 Keepers Season to Season, each for 3 years max. * means a keeper entering this season
Stat Categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

MY CURRENT TEAM

C Jesus Montero
1B Prince Fielder*
2B Dustin Pedroia*
3B Miguel Cabrera*
SS Hanley Ramirez*
OF Alex Gordon
OF BJ Upton
OF Giancarlo Stanton
UT Adam Dunn
UT JD Martinez
UT Denard Span
BN Bryce Harper
BN Chris Davis
DL Jacoby Ellsbury
DL Carl Crawford

SP Roy Halladay*
SP Cole Hamels
SP Ian Kennedy
RP Grant Balfouro
RP Aroldis Chapman
P Ricky Romero
P Brandon Beachy
P Jordan Zimmermann
BN Chris Sale
BN Jarrod Parker
BN Drew Smyly
DL Doug Fister
DL Sergio Santos
Last edited by sigriffey on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Solid Team or Make Changes? WHIR

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:01 pm

Your team looks good, there are always ways to improve your team, but this doesnt look like it needs much help. I think it would be better if you could possibly add a closer, but 2 should keep you in the middle of the pack. I would use this team for a few more weeks and see where you are in the standings.

I would appreciate your opinion on my post if you can.
viewtopic.php?t=445617
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 433)

Postby redkanefox2009 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:34 pm

IMO I think your team is in great shape. I'm not a fan of closers myself, I think its easy to chase saves if you need it but I wouldn't over-value it. Your SP is rock solid, and the lineup looks good. Your starting 3 OF will not get you a high AVG, which is my only concern, but its not a huge one.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=445622
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby osbtensor » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 pm

I think your hitting looks great, especially when ellsbury comes back. crawford.. who knows. But your'e not really missing him anyway. I wonder if Spann (and dunn) can continue the hot hitting. Dunn's average drags you down, but the league doesn't count K by batters so that helps. six keepers means that I too would keep harper unless someone gave me the moon.

Your starting pitching is really good. Reliever pitchers are okay, not great.. your bench pitching is your gambling section. smyly, parker, sale. All three could be really good.. or not.. Either way, you've got fister when he's back so you'll have another solid pitcher to add to the rotation and drop the weakest performer on your bench.

I think you look pretty solid.
osbtensor
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby sigriffey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:28 pm

osbtensor wrote:I think your hitting looks great, especially when ellsbury comes back. crawford.. who knows. But your'e not really missing him anyway. I wonder if Spann (and dunn) can continue the hot hitting. Dunn's average drags you down, but the league doesn't count K by batters so that helps. six keepers means that I too would keep harper unless someone gave me the moon.

Your starting pitching is really good. Reliever pitchers are okay, not great.. your bench pitching is your gambling section. smyly, parker, sale. All three could be really good.. or not.. Either way, you've got fister when he's back so you'll have another solid pitcher to add to the rotation and drop the weakest performer on your bench.

I think you look pretty solid.

Thanks for the analysis. I should add that this is a daily league, so I sub in pitchers each day. We only have 4 moves, however, so it's not a league where you can stream ad infinitum.

I wonder... is there anyone I could package with Kennedy to upgrade one tier higher? His whip has been a bit high so I wonder if it's just April rust or if he will be just sort of "pretty good." I'd also entertain upgrading Romero.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby coyotesjr97 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

I love your infield. That's one heck of an infield if you ask me. As was stated before...your outfield might drag down your batting average a bit. Ellsbury coming back healthy would certainly help that though, so I don't see any need to upgrade there really.

I'm not a big Dunn fan just due to the low average and slumps so perhaps you could package him with Kennedy if you felt compelled to attempt to trade up a tier. I think if you're not going to wind up keeping Harper, it wouldnt hurt to see if anybody would bite on the hype if nobody likes Dunn. I think you might yield a better return that way. Nothing really shouts out at me that you need an upgrade though. I really like your rotation. If you can get by without saves, I wouldn't pay a premium for them since they are in such short supply for your league.

Help with mine?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=445637
coyotesjr97
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions