Possible Blockbuster WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Possible Blockbuster WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Possible Blockbuster WHIR

Postby dominicfaiola » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:03 pm

14 Team H2H Cats. 3 Keeps
So what originally started as an offer for me to get McCutchen has gone back and forth over the past few days.

He offered:
McCutcheon
Pedroia
Asdrubal

I Give:
Lincy
Cruz
Aviles
Sale
Lind

My Roster:
C Doumit
1B Tex
2b Aviles
SS Scutaro
3b Lawrie
OF Stanton Cespedes Cruz
Util Ortiz
Bench Lind
DL Utley C. Young

My Pitching consists of: Lincy, Hamels, Strasburg, Sale, Lilly, Scherzer, Casilla,
Betancourt

His Team
C Ruiz
1b Laroche
2b Pedroia
SS Cabrera
3b Aramis
OF Pence LoMo Mccutch
Util Austin Jackson
Bench Maybin Pagan Reynolds

His Pitching consists of: Lester, Ubaldo, Papelbon, Clippard, Danks, Peavy
dominicfaiola
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Possible Blockbuster WHIR

Postby nyr199435 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Tough call. I'm struggling with giving up Lincecum, Cruz, Sale, and Aviles. But Pedroia's a top 2B in fantasy, McCutchen a top OF, and Cabrera's an upgrade over Scutaro IMO. I'm not sure you have the pitching to make up for losing Sale and Lincecum, especially since you're not getting any SPs back. But you can always patrol the waiver wire, or stream starts. Also, when Young comes back, you might be able to part with one of your OFs for an upgrade at SP.

I think I'd do it. Pedroia and McCutchen are the two best players in the deal IMO.
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wazzeus » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:39 pm

I think you do this. Lincy isn't the same guy he's been, and you're getting difference makers at their respective positions in Pedroia, McCutchen and Cabrera. Cruz is the only guy who gives me pause, but I think McCutchen will be more valuable (and less injury prone) over the course of the season.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=445542
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dominicfaiola » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:43 pm

He just threw in Ross Detwiler so although I don't necessarily believe in him it's someone I can plug in and then still have a place to stream.
dominicfaiola
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 58)

Postby pitching51 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:22 pm

I would do it. At least you know you will get solid production out of Pedroia and Mccutchen...Cruz and Lincy are high risk right now.
pitching51
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Valyekrin1 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 pm

I agree, I would probably do it as well. Cruz is so over valued its ridiculous trade him for something like this any day. Pedroia and McCutchen are ALL category guys and proven to produce and stay relatively healthy. Much less risk involved, and Lincecum definitely doesn't appear to be his old self. I say DO IT!

Please review mine.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=445561
Valyekrin1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CMan0928 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 am

Tough call. Lincecum is the X-Factor here of course. If he turns back into Dr. Jekyll, and isn't his most recent Mr. Hyde, then this deal is to his benefit I think. However, if something really is wrong with Timmy and this is going to become a trend (as it already appears to be dating back awhile now), then I really like this deal for you. Aviles could be a guy that thrives in Boston. Who knows? Lind is so streaky I've given up on him for the most part. Cruz goes on the DL at least once a year due to hamstring issues or something of the sort. But then again, Pedroia may be following suit in regards to spending time on the DL. But I don't consider him a huge injury risk. I really like Sale and own him myself. But he's really more valuable in a Keeper League, so that's not an issue here. I say you make out here. Do it.
CMan0928
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 30)

Postby wljordan10 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 am

Id take it. Stanton will heat up in the summer and C Young should be back soon so the loss of Cruz wont hurt if youre getting McCutchen in return. Lincy will probably have a year similar to last year and emerge late after a season of futility. You still have nice anchors in Hamels and Stras and I would try to upgrade at the allstar break by dealing stras plus a player for a good buy low pitcher since stras supposedly has a cap.
wljordan10
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BOWSER » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:59 am

As much as I see that your pitching would take a big hit.. the upgrades you'd be getting make it worth it to me..
BOWSER
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby punswaterboy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:29 am

I think that you would get the benefits of this trade but you would have to pick up a pitcher and some hitters. You lose Lincecum but the threee players you are receiving are great upgrades. Go for it
punswaterboy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions