Trade Adrian Gonzalez and Ellsbury? (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Adrian Gonzalez and Ellsbury? (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Adrian Gonzalez and Ellsbury? (WHIR)

Postby Rabid58 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 pm

This may sound crazy but after a look at my line up i feel like i could get a fairly good trade out of this and improve my roster.

Okay so i'm playing in a 10 team H2H Normal Scoring League. We have to set line ups at the beginning of the week and they are then locked in for the whole week and you can't change players daily. It's weekly.

Hitters
Single = 1
Double = 2
Triple = 3
Home Run = 4
Run = 1
RBI = 1
Walk = 1
Stolen Base = 2
Caught Stealing = -1

My Team:

C: Carlos Santana (Currently Eligible at 1B)
1B: Adrian Gonzalez (Back up Eric Hosmer)
2B: Dan Uggla
3B: Pablo Sandoval (Back up Mike Moustakas)
SS: Starlin Castro (Back up Johnny Peralta)
OF: Josh Hamilton, Emilio Bonifacio (3B and SS also), Jordan Schafer, Michael Bourn, Yoenis Cespedes and Nick Markakis
U: Eric Hosmer (Currently)
P: Atlanta Braves
DL: Jacoby Ellsbury

Start 1 at each position besides OF where you start 3.

So my theory behind this move would be, as stated in the topic, trade away Gonzalez and Ellsbury and try and pick up a solid OF and possibly a good 2B or something to that affect. With Gonzalez gone at 1B i could fill that space with Hosmer, who i believe will produce just as well if not better than Gonzalez. That leaves me an open Utility spot which i could fill with a player i could acquire from the trade.

This maybe totally crazy on my part but i really don't see it hurting my team. Maybe i'm wrong though.

Also on a totally different subject, i have room for 1 more player on my bench. The WW is currently has Jose Altuve (2B), Adam Dunn (1B), Cody Ross (OF), Jason Kipnis (2B), Nolan Reimold (OF), Bryan LaHair (1B/OF), Matt Joyce (OF). Just to name a few. Any of those names seem like a good idea to pick up now even if they'll sit on my bench?

I'd appreciate any input or help on this decision and i can start looking for some teams to trade with if others agree this would be a good move.

As always i'll help in return! Just leave a link!

Thanks much in advance!
Rabid58
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Adrian Gonzalez and Ellsbury? (WHIR)

Postby wazzeus » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Not sure I agree that Hosmer will match A-Gone, but I do like him. You need outfield help. Not sure parting with Ellsbury is the answer, since he should be back by mid-June. If you can deal A-Gone for a stud OF -- say, Josh Hamilton, Justin Upton or Ryan Braun -- go for it.

Reimold or LaHair would be a good pick-up. I like both over Schafer anyway. If you deal A-Gone, LaHair can back up Hosmer.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=445542
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions