The Problem of Heath Bell WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

The Problem of Heath Bell WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Problem of Heath Bell WHIR

Postby Botts89 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Is anyone else with Heath Bell this year getting worried? He has already blown multiple saves, his last was from walking the Mets.
Should I be looking to make a deal with him or do you think he will get back at it?

8 Team H2H redraft.
C - Buster Posy
1B - Adrian Gonzalez
2B - Brandon Philips
3B - Adrian Beltre
SS- Elvis Andrus
OF - Matt Holiday, Shane Victorino, Andrew Ethier
UTIL - Corey Hart
BENCH - Edwin Encarnacion, Austin Jackson

SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Jered Weaver
RP - John Axford
RP - Heath Bell
P - Yovani Gallardo
Botts89
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Problem of Heath Bell WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Problem? I think you meant Problems, plural. :-)

If you can deal him, then do it. There have been worries about him for a while now and it was just a matter of time until it caught up with him. Problem is I don't think you will get much for him but it is worth a try.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Botts89 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:39 pm

I was thinking of packaging him with gallardo for a starting pitcher and then picking up Grant Balfour. What do you think?
Botts89
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MaudDib » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:41 pm

YES! Balfour should already be picked up. No one else to drop to grab Balfour? Is he the only closer on the WW? If he is then I would grab him before someone else does and not wait for a trade to go through. Might be a bad time to deal Gallardo after yesterday so you might have to wait for another start.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Botts89 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Free agent RP include: Balfour, Jim Johnson, Chris Perez, Javy Guerra, Fernando Rodney.

I am trying to trade Bell to a buddy who really likes him and has been trying to get him in some package deals that would have landed my Cain for Gallardo and Bell for a replacement (Cant remember) but I couldn't trade some of my bats that he was wanting. So now I am offering him Bell and Gallardo for Cain, hoping he still has high hopes for Bell. We only have two bench spots so theres not much room to drop. He is also looking for OF so I am thinking of adding in Austin Jackson to the trade and will be able to pick up a replacement for Jackson- available free agents: Reimold, Schafer, Martinez, LaHair.

If he doesn't accept the trade I'm thinking of just dropping Bell on Sunday and picking up one of the free agent relievers (which would you choose out of the ones above). Waiting till Sunday because it is weekly lineup changes so I would not be able to use him till Monday anyway.
Botts89
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wazzeus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:00 pm

I think Bell will right the ship. If you sell, you're selling at his absolute low value point. Plug in one of those FAs until Bell snaps out of it. He has an exceedingly long leash.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Botts89 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:46 pm

wazzeus wrote:I think Bell will right the ship. If you sell, you're selling at his absolute low value point. Plug in one of those FAs until Bell snaps out of it. He has an exceedingly long leash.

If I were to do that I would have to drop one of encarncion or jackson. Who would you drop?
Botts89
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby baegames » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Trade Bell ASAP. There were signs he was losing it last year. And garb Balfour and Johnson fast. Those two are among the top half of closers in the league right now (as long as Johnson's medical issue is resolved).

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=445451
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 207)

Postby rjlmets1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm a Mets fan and I swear to you when I tell you that I remember him being one of the top 3 worse relievers we have ever had. I think SD saved him. So the answer is Yes. Worry

Help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=445458
rjlmets1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions