Harrison or Niese... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Harrison or Niese...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harrison or Niese...

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:20 am

5x5 Roto.

Which one is the better option. I just absorbed that ridiculous Harrison outing (what was Washington doing leaving him in their to give up that many hits?) so now I am debating what to do in one league as Niese is still around. Due to by ridiculous injury list (Zimmerman, Morse, Hudson, Berkman, Crawford) I already more or less have to drop Crawford to pick up another bat so if I want Niese, I have to drop Harrison.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Harrison or Niese...

Postby wazzeus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:22 am

Niese should not be unowned in any format; he's wildly underrated. He's certainly far superior to Harrison. Make that swap ASAP.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:33 am

wazzeus wrote:Niese should not be unowned in any format; he's wildly underrated. He's certainly far superior to Harrison. Make that swap ASAP.

I dunno. You could say the same thng about Harrison. I like Niese but he plays for the Mets so Ws are not going to be easy to come buy. I wish I had the room to add both but the only way I can do that is to drop Crawford for Niese and to play Berkman next week and hope he at least gets back on the weekend and I do not play short for the entire week. These injuries really do stink.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby wazzeus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:35 am

Harrison might have slightly better wins potential, but everything else -- ERA, WHIP and especially K's -- should tip in Niese's favor. And I don't think the wins gap, if there is one, will be significant. Niese is simply a better pitcher.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jovenparque » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:41 am

i like niese, but he hasn't really produced impressive numbers in the past. he has a high era and whip, but his K/9 and K/BB rates look pretty good. i've owned him at various points over the past two years and have gotten some nice streaks. i think that there is a better chance niese puts it all together this season than harrison.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wazzeus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:44 am

jovenparque wrote:i like niese, but he hasn't really produced impressive numbers in the past. he has a high era and whip, but his K/9 and K/BB rates look pretty good. i've owned him at various points over the past two years and have gotten some nice streaks. i think that there is a better chance niese puts it all together this season than harrison.

Remember, though, that Niese's FIP was a full run lower last year than his ERA. By rights, he should have had a mark in the low 3.00s.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mpieco » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Niese is in a completely different tier than Harrison.

For me, Niese is above the "Wandy Line", while Harrison is below it. Harrison is like an all-star streamer, whereas I'm always going to start Niese when he's throwing.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions