After picking up Trout+Harper today, I have 9 OFs. Trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

After picking up Trout+Harper today, I have 9 OFs. Trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

After picking up Trout+Harper today, I have 9 OFs. Trade?

Postby eromano33 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:18 am

Was lucky enough to grab Trout and Harper both today. Not sure both stick around, but at least one should be a semi-stud at least. Problem is that I have WAY TOO MANY outfielders. What trades would u guys target? 10 team, h2h, 5x5 mix league.

C: Brian McCann
1B: Eric Hosmer
2B: Jose Altuve
SS: Alexei Ramirez
3B: Brett Lawrie
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Jason Heyward
UTIL: Corey Hart
UTIL: JD Martinez
BN: Martin Prado
BN: Mike Trout
BN: Justin Morneau
BN: Bryce Harper
DL: Chris Young

SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: CC Sabathia
RP: John Axford
RP: Brandon League
P: Madison Bumgarner
P: Derek Holland
P: Jason Motte
P: Santiago Casilla
BN: Vance Worley

Looks like I need some starting pitching I think haha..but not sure. LMK!

Thinking of offering either CarGo or Justin Upton and something else for Hanley, then grabbing either Chris Sale or Lance Lynn. Thoughts? Help!!!!
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: After picking up Trout+Harper today, I have 9 OFs. Trade

Postby eromano33 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:27 am

bump
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wazzeus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:30 am

Truly, I think too many people are falling over themselves trying to nab Harper and/or Trout. Neither will produce this season at anything close to the level of Cargo or Upton, your two dangle candidates. Why not try to capitalize on the hype -- which will never be higher, by the way -- by trying to deal one of your rooks to someone blinded by the buzz?
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eromano33 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:33 am

wazzeus wrote:Truly, I think too many people are falling over themselves trying to nab Harper and/or Trout. Neither will produce this season at anything close to the level of Cargo or Upton, your two dangle candidates. Why not try to capitalize on the hype -- which will never be higher, by the way -- by trying to deal one of your rooks to someone blinded by the buzz?

I'm not sure anyone in the leauge is that psyched...who knows. I could send out an email. I just feel like I could really use an upgrade in either SP or really my MI spots, I am not happy with Alexei and i'm not sure if Altuve is for real.
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:26 pm

eromano33 wrote:
wazzeus wrote:Truly, I think too many people are falling over themselves trying to nab Harper and/or Trout. Neither will produce this season at anything close to the level of Cargo or Upton, your two dangle candidates. Why not try to capitalize on the hype -- which will never be higher, by the way -- by trying to deal one of your rooks to someone blinded by the buzz?

I'm not sure anyone in the leauge is that psyched...who knows. I could send out an email. I just feel like I could really use an upgrade in either SP or really my MI spots, I am not happy with Alexei and i'm not sure if Altuve is for real.

Yes you should deal. Look for who has extra middle infielders and see if you can get something done. Hard to say who to target because really it is more about what team has extra players at a particular position or who needs an OF.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby mpieco » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Altuve is certainly playing above his head a bit, but I do believe he can finish the year as a top 10 2B.

I would package one of your mid-level OF and Alexei for a SS upgrade. You are sorely pathetic at SS. Look to grab Jeter (maybe his owner doesn't believe in him and wants to move him) or someone struggling (like J-Roll). I think you need to hold on Cargo and Upton. Trading either of them is out of the question. I would say anyone else from your OF stable is up for grabs though.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby eromano33 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:50 pm

mpieco wrote:Altuve is certainly playing above his head a bit, but I do believe he can finish the year as a top 10 2B.

I would package one of your mid-level OF and Alexei for a SS upgrade. You are sorely pathetic at SS. Look to grab Jeter (maybe his owner doesn't believe in him and wants to move him) or someone struggling (like J-Roll). I think you need to hold on Cargo and Upton. Trading either of them is out of the question. I would say anyone else from your OF stable is up for grabs though.

Which OF's would you consider mid-level? I really like Heyward and He's been my best base stealer thus far lol
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mpieco » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Heyward/Hart could bring back a SS upgrade. CarGo and Upton will steal enough bases, along with Trout, to lessen the blow of losing out on Heyward's potential SBs.

If you want upgrades, you need to be willing to give up something. JD Martinez is young and still uproven (although playing well). Young is hurt. I would imagine you want to KEEP Trout and Harper...and Prado isn't much of a trade bait.

That leaves Hart and Heyward.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions