Jordan Zimmerman Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Jordan Zimmerman Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jordan Zimmerman Trade

Postby redkanefox2009 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:14 am

I am thinking about proposing this trade. I am trying to gather advice as to whether I'm asking too much, too little, and if this is a good value for me. I'm in a 10 team H2H league.

I give: Jordan Zimmerman, Dee Gordon
I get: Brandon Morrow, Starlin Castro

My Team:
C Wilson Ramos
1B Paul Konerko
2B Jason Kipnis
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Dee Gordon
OF Drew Stubbs
OF Nelson Cruz
OF Hunter Pence
Util Nolan Reimold
Util Chase Headley
BN Alex Gordon
BN Edwin Encarnación
BN Neil Walker
BN Alejandro De Aza
SP Justin Verlander
SP Matt Cain
SP Jordan Zimmermann
RP Jordan Walden
RP Brandon League
P Gio Gonzalez
P Chris Sale
P Vance Worley
P Jaime García
BN Philip Humber
DL Daniel Hudson
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jordan Zimmerman Trade

Postby Goatrider » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 pm

While you are giving up two of my faves, it would be nice value for you. Zimmerman has to be considered superior here even though Morrow has been trying to break out for years. So far, Morrow looks like he may have figured out how to pitch. Even if Morrow goes back to old ways, the increase k's and ur pitching depth will hold. Castro over Dee is a huge upgrade even though Gordon will dominate SB's. I think you are offering value for value. Don't know if he's going to accept, but you won't offend him.

Help on mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=445345
Goatrider
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 40)

Postby sigriffey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:56 pm

I love J.Zimm. And Gordon is bound to turn it on.

But Morrow has upside, and while I much prefer Zimm, I much much prefer Starlin at SS so I think it's a win.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby nyr199435 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Agree with the majority here. I love Zimm's stuff, but I think Castro at SS would be a HUGE boost. Not a bad deal at all, pretty even for both sides, but based on your positional needs I think it makes a lot of sense for you.
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Element » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:50 pm

I like this in H2H. There isn't as much need for 1-dimentional speed guys like Gordon. I would trade Dee and Zim for Starlin. Morrow scares the hell outta me though. It may be a good buy low, but I wouldn't start him anytime soon.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Postby wazzeus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:42 am

I, too, love Zimmermann, but the chance to land Starlin is too tempting to resist. I'd see if there's any wiggle room on Morrow, though, as he's too dangerous to start outside of Oakland or Seattle.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jovenparque » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:09 am

if i'm the other owner, there's no way i accept this trade. and if this is a keeper league, then i want an elite player (maybe a kinsler type of player) in return or a similarly elite up and comer (maybe a mccutchen type of player).

i assume there are more than standard 5x5 categories since it's an h2h league. castro apparently has the green light because he's stealing at a much higher rate than the last two years. i think he'll bat at a .300+ rate with over 200 hits again. if your h2h league counts 3B, then castro is even that much more valuable because he is capable of getting triples, a very scarce stat. even his power increased over the last half of last year. but that might be more down the line. regardless, even with just the 10 hr he hit last year, this guy is a beast who continues to improve since his debut in 2010. and he plays SS. i think in certain leagues and in certain lineups, castro is nearly as valuable as hanley and tulo. and there isn't anyone i would consider over castro at SS other than hanley and tulo.

dee gordon is a one trick guy. i have a hard time destroy avg for HR. i'm not going to do it for SB. the gap is huge between gordon and castro. the gap between zimmerman and morrow, whatever that is, is not enough. and you're talking about improving the other owner in starting pitching (arguably the deepest pool in fantasy) to take a massive hit in SS (definitely the most shallow pool in fantasy). and if this a keeper, castro is probably kept for cheap as people caught on fast to this guy. you have to make up that difference too because his price might make him more attractive than any other ss.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions