Crawford out 3 months with elbow....now what...[Always WHIR] - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Crawford out 3 months with elbow....now what...[Always WHIR]

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Crawford out 3 months with elbow....now what...[Always W

Postby TruYankeeFan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Maybe a trade possiblity...MAYBE....

The guy who has Zimmerman has 7 OF and no b/u 3rd Baseman...and no one on the DL...so if he is willing to gamble that Zimmerman will not be out a long time...he could stash Crawford on DL...

What about a trade like .... Crawford and Headley for Mark Trumbo (his other OF are stacked...Cargo, Hamilton, J Upton, Cory Hart, Brennan Boesch and Francoer)?
ROS advice needed...Leave a link and I will def hit you back!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=463191
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joeyg2323 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:50 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
hot4tx wrote:I would definitely try to trade Crawford first.

Maybe even email other managers instead of sending trade offers. Tell them you hate trading a very good injury like Crawford in a HTH league, since it's the playoffs that matter most, but that you absolutely can't carry this many DL guys. Indicate what you'd like help on (crappy closer maybe? an outfielder? catcher?) and see. I think it's worth it to hang on to him for one more week if it gets you a usable player or even a 2-for-1 type of deal that upgrades one of your other players.

In a re-draft league, you will not get a bag of rocks for Crawford imo. No one will trade anything remotely usable for a guy that will miss at least half the season and possibly more and who is not even a sure fire superstar when he comes back. You can certainly try, but I tend to doubt it.

i would easily trade a bag of rocks for crawford!

If someone in my league was trying to offer crawford, i would jump on it! he will be healthy when playoffs come around which will be huge for whoever has him.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:07 pm

What about dropping him for Harper now that he will be called up tomorrow?

TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:16 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:
hot4tx wrote:I would definitely try to trade Crawford first.

Maybe even email other managers instead of sending trade offers. Tell them you hate trading a very good injury like Crawford in a HTH league, since it's the playoffs that matter most, but that you absolutely can't carry this many DL guys. Indicate what you'd like help on (crappy closer maybe? an outfielder? catcher?) and see. I think it's worth it to hang on to him for one more week if it gets you a usable player or even a 2-for-1 type of deal that upgrades one of your other players.

In a re-draft league, you will not get a bag of rocks for Crawford imo. No one will trade anything remotely usable for a guy that will miss at least half the season and possibly more and who is not even a sure fire superstar when he comes back. You can certainly try, but I tend to doubt it.

i would easily trade a bag of rocks for crawford!

If someone in my league was trying to offer crawford, i would jump on it! he will be healthy when playoffs come around which will be huge for whoever has him.

He will be healthy...really...first he would be ready by mid- April. Then he hurts his elbow an will be ready by May. Now if they are lucky he is ready by July. One setback and he could miss the entire season at this rate as he is trying to avoid surgery.

And be huge in the playoffs...there was no certainty the guy was going to be any better than what he was last year. If you want to deal a useful player on the hope that the guy that will miss months actually comes back and iis productive by year end that is fine, but most owners will not deal with it for anything beyond a borderline WW player. Why should they? Crawford was going in the teen rounds before in a lot of leagues. Missing 3+ months, would not be drafted before the final rounds if you were drafting today. that is all one really needs to know about value in a deal. Sure someone may pay for a name but outside of keeper leagues, this guy has almost zero value above wire replacement now. You do not get any points from someone on the DL.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 508)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:24 pm

TruYankeeFan wrote:Maybe a trade possiblity...MAYBE....

The guy who has Zimmerman has 7 OF and no b/u 3rd Baseman...and no one on the DL...so if he is willing to gamble that Zimmerman will not be out a long time...he could stash Crawford on DL...

What about a trade like .... Crawford and Headley for Mark Trumbo (his other OF are stacked...Cargo, Hamilton, J Upton, Cory Hart, Brennan Boesch and Francoer)?

Trumbo already has 4 games at 3b. If this is standard 5 starts at the position elig in Yahoo, he will become 3b elig shortly anyway so he has no reason to do the deal if that is the case

And even if he did, it is not like you are getting much for Crawford in that deal. Trumbo is being moved around all over the place inthe crowded Angels OF. And his 3b play has been bad. Though unlikely to sit for an extended period, he brings his own set of playing time concerns to the table esp if Trout is called up later in the year.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 508)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:57 am

Dropped Crawford and Reimold for Harper and Jon Jay.

TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wazzeus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:07 am

TruYankeeFan wrote:Dropped Crawford and Reimold for Harper and Jon Jay.

Crawford I could understand, but why would you drop Reimold? Reimold's end-of-season numbers are highly likely to be better than Harper's, let alone Jay's.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:14 am

I humbly disagree.....

Reimold...never more than a 4th OF who has never played more than 90 games in a season (in the majors) with career numbers closer to .250/.330/.450 I just have trouble believing that .345/.357/.709 is anything close to what he will end up with.

Jon Jay on the other hand is 2 years younger...played 159 games last year so is def a FT player with career numbers of .300/.350/.425....so while I also think he will not keep up the current pace (.375/.412/.542)...I think his final #s will be better than Reimold's.

TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions