Rate my team please! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team please! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 pm

KleShreen wrote:Depending on your opinion on relief pitchers...I know some people don't care, some do, but you have a wealth of great SP's and I would think about shopping one of those around for a closer...

I love having closers, usually i have 3 top 10 closers, this year i traded away a lot of my early picks for a championship run last year so i needed to grab strong hitters and pitchers since there were 60 players taking be4 my first pick. I had League, soria and thronton to start the league but of course soria got hurt and thronton didnt get the job.

I will make a move in may for a closer most likely as i want to see who will secure their jobs.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jonboycubs » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:53 pm

I think i would package Chipper and lynn, and see if you can get a good 3b back and a good pitcher back. Deal lynn to someone who needs pitching and has a 3b, I think lynn will come down. and you could get away with a steal. thanks for help on mine
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Postby Hopscotch Assasin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:01 pm

I think a package of Lynn and chipper could yield something great at 3B. Especially being in a 14 team league someone has to need pitching and Lynn is as sell high as you can get right now. So shop that around and see what you could get.

viewtopic.php?t=445282
C-Mcann P=Halladay,J.Santana,Hamels,Haren,Greinke,CJ Wil,,Valverde,Axford,H.rodriguez
1B-Cuddyer
2B-Uggla
3B-Wright
SS-Andrus
2B/SS-Kipnis
3B/1B-Encarnacion
OF-Gordon
OF-Soo choo
OF-Ryan Braun
OF-Holliday
OF-Kendrick,H
UTL-Werth
BE-Melky,C
Hopscotch Assasin
College Coach
College Coach

Postby oxhammer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Keeping Harper on your bench for a while wouldn't be a bad thing as long as it doesn't prevent you from making moves to improve your team. As other responses have said, upgrading at 3B or RP would benefit your team. If doing that means you need to trade or drop Harper, you should make that happen.
oxhammer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 14)

Postby jonboycubs » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:27 pm

I say pacage lynn and chipper together, sell high on lynn, you should be able to get a good 3b back and a good pitcher, sell high on lynn now, thanks for help on mine
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:30 pm

I would say that everyone has pretty much covered all the good points. I do like the suggestion of Chipper and Lynn for an upgrade at 3B.

Thanks for the help on mine ;-D
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby joeyg2323 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:38 pm

CyboNinja wrote:I really don't think we're seeing Bryce in the majors till 2013. Maybe as a Sept call up but I doubt he does much in those 3~4 weeks hes up here. Even in 2013 then he won't be THAT great right away. I would trade him now before the rest of the world figures out hes in AAA for the whole year and you can still get something for him. See if you can snag an elite 3B for Bryce + Chipper would be my suggestion.

Bryce Harper is the real deal. Hes still only 19. I feel in 2~3 years from now he will be the Bryce Harper we've all been hearing about for ages, but until then, hes a wasted spot on your roster imo.

Moustakas has really turned a corner. Hes always been known as a slow starter but hes got it figured out a lot quicker this year then in years passed. I would buy low (if you can) on him now before he gets as popular as his brother across the diamond.

2013? how about april of 2012!
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team