Rate my team please! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team please! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 am

I am in a 14 team mixed league. H2H 5x5, 3 moves a week
This is the 2nd year of a keeper league(kept 4). After making numerous moves to start the season to find those last 5 players needed on your roster and montero finally getting C, i feel my team is 3/4 of the way there, which is nice this early in the season.
My team started off slow, but really starting picking it up in the last 2 weeks. Right now i am 15-14-1 in 7th place.
Just wanted to see what people thought, do i have a team to compete, anyone i should get rid of and any other advice you would like to leave good or bad. Thanks everyone in advance and will always help in return if you leave a link.

c-J.Montero
1b- F.Freeman
2b- Cano(K)
3b-C.Jones
SS-Andrus(K)
Of-ichiro, JD Martinez, Cespedes
Ult- Alvarez, Campana
B-Harper
DL- Cain, Quentin

SP- Felix, Lincecum, Hanson, Sale, Minor, Lynn , Nova
RP- League, Strop, Chapman, Pestano, Thornton
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby ArgyleNation » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:50 pm

I see you are a braves guy but i would shop Chipper. I don't see him getting full at bats this year with his knee issues. Plus he has juan fransico itching to get some playing time. Who are some of the top free agents in your league? Thanks for your 3B alverez advice. Gonna check him out.
ArgyleNation
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 32
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Looks very solid for a 14-teamer. I agree, though, that it's a matter of when, not if, Chipper has some sort of physical ailment that keeps him consistently out of the lineup. I'd try to find someone who won't hurt you badly there (Seager) or someone with more upside if avail.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 6425
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby acertijo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 pm

I think it's a nice looking team. Pitching is strong for a 14 teamer. I'm in agreement that 3B is probably your biggest vulnerability, especially in a H2H format where you're likely not to have Chipper for chunks of time. Any chance of an upgrade at that position? I might look at a muli position guy like Prado, for example who could primarily be an OF but also move to 3B when needed.

Thanks for helping on mine.
acertijo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 493
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:59 pm

sigriffey wrote:Looks very solid for a 14-teamer. I agree, though, that it's a matter of when, not if, Chipper has some sort of physical ailment that keeps him consistently out of the lineup. I'd try to find someone who won't hurt you badly there (Seager) or someone with more upside if avail.


the problem is seager hasnt played much since liddi and smoak are both in the lineup and when carp comes back both liddi and seager are both not playing.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby CyboNinja » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:00 pm

I really don't think we're seeing Bryce in the majors till 2013. Maybe as a Sept call up but I doubt he does much in those 3~4 weeks hes up here. Even in 2013 then he won't be THAT great right away. I would trade him now before the rest of the world figures out hes in AAA for the whole year and you can still get something for him. See if you can snag an elite 3B for Bryce + Chipper would be my suggestion.

Bryce Harper is the real deal. Hes still only 19. I feel in 2~3 years from now he will be the Bryce Harper we've all been hearing about for ages, but until then, hes a wasted spot on your roster imo.

Moustakas has really turned a corner. Hes always been known as a slow starter but hes got it figured out a lot quicker this year then in years passed. I would buy low (if you can) on him now before he gets as popular as his brother across the diamond.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 581
(Past Year: 100)
Joined: 2 Jun 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Metro Detroit

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:07 pm

CyboNinja wrote:I really don't think we're seeing Bryce in the majors till 2013. Maybe as a Sept call up but I doubt he does much in those 3~4 weeks hes up here. Even in 2013 then he won't be THAT great right away. I would trade him now before the rest of the world figures out hes in AAA for the whole year and you can still get something for him. See if you can snag an elite 3B for Bryce + Chipper would be my suggestion.

Bryce Harper is the real deal. Hes still only 19. I feel in 2~3 years from now he will be the Bryce Harper we've all been hearing about for ages, but until then, hes a wasted spot on your roster imo.

Moustakas has really turned a corner. Hes always been known as a slow starter but hes got it figured out a lot quicker this year then in years passed. I would buy low (if you can) on him now before he gets as popular as his brother across the diamond.


im going to wait untill atleast june-july to let him go, i could see a mid-season call up.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby CyboNinja » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:22 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:
CyboNinja wrote:I really don't think we're seeing Bryce in the majors till 2013. Maybe as a Sept call up but I doubt he does much in those 3~4 weeks hes up here. Even in 2013 then he won't be THAT great right away. I would trade him now before the rest of the world figures out hes in AAA for the whole year and you can still get something for him. See if you can snag an elite 3B for Bryce + Chipper would be my suggestion.

Bryce Harper is the real deal. Hes still only 19. I feel in 2~3 years from now he will be the Bryce Harper we've all been hearing about for ages, but until then, hes a wasted spot on your roster imo.

Moustakas has really turned a corner. Hes always been known as a slow starter but hes got it figured out a lot quicker this year then in years passed. I would buy low (if you can) on him now before he gets as popular as his brother across the diamond.


im going to wait untill atleast june-july to let him go, i could see a mid-season call up.

If the Nats feel they're still in the hunt, hes not getting the call. His value is only going to drop from here. In one of my drafts (12 team) he was taken in the 9th round. We keep 7 so we start with round 8. I bet his owner wishes he had a 9th round pick for him now.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 581
(Past Year: 100)
Joined: 2 Jun 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Metro Detroit

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby KleShreen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Depending on your opinion on relief pitchers...I know some people don't care, some do, but you have a wealth of great SP's and I would think about shopping one of those around for a closer...
KleShreen
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 35
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Allendale, Mich.

Re: Rate my team please! WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 pm

CyboNinja wrote:
joeyg2323 wrote:
CyboNinja wrote:I really don't think we're seeing Bryce in the majors till 2013. Maybe as a Sept call up but I doubt he does much in those 3~4 weeks hes up here. Even in 2013 then he won't be THAT great right away. I would trade him now before the rest of the world figures out hes in AAA for the whole year and you can still get something for him. See if you can snag an elite 3B for Bryce + Chipper would be my suggestion.

Bryce Harper is the real deal. Hes still only 19. I feel in 2~3 years from now he will be the Bryce Harper we've all been hearing about for ages, but until then, hes a wasted spot on your roster imo.

Moustakas has really turned a corner. Hes always been known as a slow starter but hes got it figured out a lot quicker this year then in years passed. I would buy low (if you can) on him now before he gets as popular as his brother across the diamond.


im going to wait untill atleast june-july to let him go, i could see a mid-season call up.

If the Nats feel they're still in the hunt, hes not getting the call. His value is only going to drop from here. In one of my drafts (12 team) he was taken in the 9th round. We keep 7 so we start with round 8. I bet his owner wishes he had a 9th round pick for him now.



i got him in the 20th, and every year i usually hold one top prospect it worked with stanton and it worked last year with hosmer. usually around mid june you have a real feeling of whats going to happen to him so untill then im going to hold tight, but also like you said i agree if there still in the hunt i think his chances of coming up will become slimmer unless his racking in AAA so im keeping an good eye on his numbers.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 27
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Texas at Seattle
(3:40 pm)
Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Miami at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Colorado at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact